I killed the forum

Neal

• Members
Not to mention the fact that in your newly acquired interest in posting( you're welcome), you bumped a perfectly good music thread, In Spite Of Ourselves, down a few. But on the other hand, you DID say "but you can play" before you went on to your wild "sandbox" conspiracy, so I'm not sure whether I should pick on you or not. Give me some guidance on that, and go bump the other thread back up in everyone's faces while yer at it. Don't make me start using emoticons.

You know, I can't give you guidance...yer gonna do what you want. The site is so wonky that I don't get email alerts to these posts so I had to come back just to see if they were read. Have fun, Be Happy. (Somehow I think you are)....You made a comment long ago about humidity and a wood box and your 're still carrying on...its just funny amusing that it still is your focus....thats all. Nothing more to it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You know, I can't give you guidance...yer gonna do what you want. The site is so wonky that I don't get email alerts to these posts so I had to come back just to see if they were read. Have fun, Be Happy. (Somehow I think you are)....You made a comment long ago about humidity and a wood box and your 're still carrying on...its just funny amusing that it still is your focus....thats all. Nothing more to it.
Wow, now you really ARE being a dick. Ok, have at it, but fix yer sig, that's just stupid to have it like that. Show some decorum man, if yer gonna offer guidance. Wait..what? I missed the guidance part.

• Members
:(

Where's the love?....the community?

:freak: It's strictly BYOB (balls) here. That way no one gets too invested cuz the site will either bomb at the hands of its ownership or its members. It always does. So, if you have business here, go for it and get your answers. Wouldn't hurt to actually bring some music here, either. When folks do others disappear and don't comment. That's the point of the guitar though so fuck'em if that can't take a little music with their wood, strings, bridge pins and shaved braces fetishes. See, the old timers talk like this to preempt a sense of community from taking root where roots have always died in the past. Oh, in case you think I'm just a curmudgeonly bastid on the sour sauce you're wrong. I'm just bringing to the forum that which it has always sought to keep alive. Neal brings it as well but it isn't a clique like EdBega queries. It's just the nature of the place shaped by zero interest in remaining on topic and evidenced by the same amount of guiding moderation, which the membership has stated loud and long it doesn't want. I think everything I've said is the truth.

• Members

Hey, I'd like to know that as well, RG. While I was being tongue-in-cheek about killing the forum, seems like there's still some that would like to hurry that on, even some that were mainstay contributors at one point, moderators included. IDunno has some good points. But in the end, it's a music forum, plain and simple. We can, and do, discuss music, but there are always those who will become outraged at topics not to their liking. Just gotta shrug and move on. Mods should moderate, folks should be respectful, world peace should be attainable, and cancer should be cured.

• Members

Hmmm. By my feeble math there's about 2.5 hours dedicated to romancing the hate on this thread alone with probably a 5th of that time thoughtfully spent by a couple people baiting the rest. It worked and now it's reminiscent of previous incarnations of this place where the hate was great and the mods played it for the bot hits. Good people left to form other forums so they could be good people amidst themselves and complain about this place. I did. Now I don't. Others still do. But, this place always responded remarkably well to cheap chum and small hooks. That's because there's this ironic sense of respect here that's spring-loaded to its defenses by those who would consider themselves defenders of a forum. There's something logical and maybe even possible in that but, like a movie, no one character here is real. So, the forum as a virtual community gets defended by virtual people expecting a virtual respect from a virtual collective. And that, ladies and gentlemens, is how the world of personal electronics works. If I give you all a virtual hug you're as put off as you'd be if someone like me actually did throw a bear-hug on you in real life.

Wake up. We're all just database bozos faking like this place is real. You want to be someone on a musical instrument forum? Throw some music up here and sooth its savage breast.

• Members
Well, this is awkward..

Not at all ... We are trying to help. You should know that all of TeamHC (now) are people who have been involved with the site since around 2007 (although were never allowed input on the direction). The site is independent and neutral and we have been charged with "fixing" it and since we, like you, were frustrated with the direction, we are trying to do just that ... fix it. We are working on Mobile now and you make mention of a problem on your iPad. Please know: all of TeamHC agrees that for 5 years, this place got shot in the head several times. No more!!

• Members

Not at all ... We are trying to help. You should know that all of TeamHC (now) are people who have been involved with the site since around 2007 (although were never allowed input on the direction). The site is independent and neutral and we have been charged with "fixing" it and since we, like you, were frustrated with the direction, we are trying to do just that ... fix it. We are working on Mobile now and you make mention of a problem on your iPad. Please know: all of TeamHC agrees that for 5 years, this place got shot in the head several times. No more!!

If you fix it they will come ...

Archived