Steve Becker, Rest in Peace

flemtone

• Members

I wanted to pass this along to the Drum Forum.

One of my dearest friends, Steven (Bam Bam) Becker, drummer from the original Asbury Jukes, passed away yesterday. His talent was only bested by his genuine personality, his awful jokes, his lighthearted pranks and his unbreakable friendship. His touring stories with Southside Johnny and the Jukes and other touring acts would have me howling. His contribution to the proliferation of the Jersey Shore horn band sound changed the face of music in the 70s and 80s. Modern drummers owe a debt of gratitude to this fine man.

See you on the other side, Uncle Stevie! Save me a seat at the Band Table.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Pardon being late, but does anyone know any background details about Steve, ex. hometown, DOB, age. This is too much coincidence I knew a "Steve Becker" from College days where he played Dodd's Orange NJ, Seton Hall coffee houses, our bands we shared a store to practise in!

2 hours ago, Still_Rockin said:

Pardon being late, but does anyone know any background details about Steve, ex. hometown, DOB, age. This is too much coincidence I knew a "Steve Becker" from College days where he played Dodd's Orange NJ, Seton Hall coffee houses, our bands we shared a store to practise in!

You can find a picture of Steve at the following link - that will probably give you an idea of whether or not it's the same Steve Becker that you used to know. 

http://discconnected.blogspot.com/2014/06/rip-steve-becker.html

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Still_Rockin said:

he was with the Asbury Jukes way back, so you could start by checking their website...of course, Steve passed almost 6 years ago...that said, flemtone [a long lost friend of mine from way way back when] is still active here, so you might have a shot by sending him a Private Message...:wave:

Archived