OT: NFL Football 2005-2006!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it's true that a discussion of the top teams overall would be different from the current discussion about the top offenses.

Green Bay had the number one NFC offense in points scored, but did poorly in the playoffs for the very reason you mentioned, Mike.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Originally posted by GregCh

keep in mind I have no loyalty to a team in Yahoo fantasy football. Its not critical that they win games. Its strictly offensive production and which RB's, WR's are carrying the offense

If it points and yardage you're looking for, grab everyone you can on the Colts. Peyton consistently throws to, what, 7 receivers?

• Members

Any predictions in the top 5 offensive teams this year ?

What category?

The Chargers were middle-of-the-pack in offensive yardage, but #3 in scoring. They could be in the top 5 in scoring again, with the OL returning intact, as well as all 3 Pro Bowlers (LT, Brees, Gates).

• Members

Originally posted by Counterpoint

Are we having a suicide pool this year?

Originally posted by Dave Bryce

Definitely. I'll put up a thread soon.

Do you guys think we should try to do the pool in this thread, or does it need to have it's own thread?

dB

• Members

Quote by db:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you guys think we should try to do the pool in this thread, or does it need to have it's own thread?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave, probably for organizational purposes, as well as your sanity, a separate thread for picking games would probably be better. I hope the natives don't get too restless with TWO football threads under KSS.

Mike T.

• Members

Originally posted by Miket156:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Dave, probably for organizational purposes, as well as your sanity, a separate thread for picking games would probably be better.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Miket156:

I hope the natives don't get too restless with TWO football threads under KSS.

If that's a concern, then maybe this year we should start the pool thread over at SSS; or we could keep it at its old home, The Keyboard Corner. I can't imagine that either Craig or Stephen would mind.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Geoff:

I don't know about putting the Football game pick thread on SSS. That Forum has a VAST number of contributors, many of them don't hang on KSS. Others do, of course. The other thing is, that Forum turns over almost everyday. The Football thread might get lost. But it's not my call.

I was surprised there are no Football threads on the KB corner on MP this year. Just because db isn't the Moderator now doesn't mean the folks that just hang there lost interest in football. So far, no one's complained, so who knows what's up on MP. :confused:

Mike T.

• Members

Originally posted by Miket156

I was surprised there are no Football threads on the KB corner on MP this year. Just because db isn't the Moderator now doesn't mean the folks that just hang there lost interest in football.

Yeah, but...

Me being the mod was why football/basketball/etc threads got started and were kosher - I made them be On Topic.

Now that the KC is officially Keyboard Magazine''s forum and the moderator isn't a sports guy, I'm not sure if the football thing would fly over there.

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Geoff Grace

Green Bay had the top scoring offense in the NFC last year (424 points). Minnesota was second (405 points). However, both teams were bested by the following AFC powerhouses:

Indianapolis (522 points)

Kansas City (483 points)

San Diego (446 points)

New England (437 points)

It's hard to predict who will improve and who will decline this year, so make of that what you will.

Best,

Geoff

Hey guys, thanks for the excellent advice.

In a league of 10 teams, I lucked out and drafted 2nd. Starting

lineup:

Peyton Manning Indy

Julius Jones Dallas

Tiki Barber NY

D Jackson Seattle

Jerry Porter Oakland

Larry Johnson Kc

P Graham

Adam Vinateri NE

Carolina Defense

Bench;

TJ Duckett Atlanta

M Pittman TB

Drew Bledsoe Dallas

Arnez Battle SF

Joe Nedney SF

Seattle Defense

I know my wideouts aren't hot. My draft focused on RB's and I got

a hot QB.

• Members

Hey Mag, I appreciate that. I was referring to potential on point production. With WR's in fantasy football, its feast or famine.

Porter is an awesome player. If the defense doubles Moss , Porter is there. Defenses are going to have their hands full.

• Members
Originally posted by Magpel

Jerry Porter is pretty darn hot! And he figures to face a lot of single coverage her in the Moss era2.

Boy, I hope you're right.

Heck, that philosophy worked out pretty well for Freddie Mitchell last year with the Eagles... ;)

dB

• Members

Porter is an awesome player. If the defense doubles Moss , Porter is there. Defenses are going to have their hands full.

And when both are covered, Courtney Anderson will be open at TE. And when defenses go to Prevent, Lamont Jordan will be running.

GO RAIDERS

- Jeff

• Members

How about the way the Bengals beat up on the Colts? :eek: 38-ZIP. Damn. I was watching the highlights and for a few moments I thought that the teams had mixed up uniforms in the locker room! Then when I saw Peyton Manning get creamed, bounce off the turf and lose the ball, I knew it was for real. I saw the highlight of the pick old Peyton through into traffic. It didn't look like anything the Colts tried to do did anything but get exploited by the Bengals.

Maybe this is Cincinnati's year of promise fulfilled??

There might be some changes in the AFC this year, as in who goes to the playoffs and who sits home. Place your bets gentlemen.

My Steelers continue to look LAME. QB Big Ben says he's not concerned. Really? The passing game is not in sync, and Ben's not throwing well. The starting offense has yet to score a TD.

The highlight of the game against Carolina was after the Panthers took out their starters and Bill Cowher put in Charlie Batch at QB. Charlie has been injured 2 out of the last 3 seasons and has only played in 3 games since coming to the Steelers from the Lions. Cowher wanted to see if Charlie was recovered enough from last year's injury to justify a spot on the roster. Batch responded with the best play I've seen out of a Steeler QB in the preseason. It was great to see how excited he was when he threw a 55 yard bomb to Morey in the end zone to win the game. Charlie was high stepping down the field like a college QB that just won the National Championship. Not all preseason games are boring. :cool:

Mike T.

Archived