OT: NFL Football 2005-2006!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard Chris Mortensen (sp?) say during the pre-game show that the Competition commitee was going to look into having full-time refs for next season. We'll see.

I'm not big on watching the Pro Bowl, though I am watching it now. I moreso like the little mini-games, especially the strongman competition and the "geezers bowl". Pure fun with a good few laughs.

Peace

• Members

Interesting NFL Matchups show today! Hoge and Jaworski analyzed critical plays from the Super Bowl. It's amazing how much is going on in each play. You have to watch it in slow motion and back it up several times in order to really understand a play.

The concensus was that the D-line for both teams played extremely well, which is why the game was relatively low-scoring.

• Members

Well, that's that.

I thought that was a good Pro Bowl, as Pro Bowls go. I'm glad the NFC won.

On the AFC, I enjoyed seeing LaDainian Tomlinson fielding a pass from Peyton Manning. Kyle Vanden Bosch and Champ Bailey were fun to watch on the defense. I'm glad Rod Smith didn't seem to be hurt too badly.

On the NFC, Derrick Brooks' 59-yard interception return for a touchdown was great, as was Roy Williams' handoff to DeAngelo Hall after Williams' pick. Michael Vick was, as always, fun to watch too.

I'm sad to see the season draw to a close and to have to plod through the football drought to come. As always, it was a lot of fun to share it all with you guys; and I look forward to next fall, when it all begins again.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

NFL Matchup has to be about the best show going. It's great to watch them break down plays like that.

That's what I love about the PB, too, Geoff! It's like watching dream teams play on Madden, lol. And yes, I too hate it 'cause it means it's the end...of playing, that is.

Peace

• Members

Originally posted by aliengroover

NFL Matchup has to be about the best show going. It's great to watch them break down plays like that.

Yeah, I think that if I watch that show for another 20 or 30 years, I may actually understand line play and the interactions of all of those linebackers and db's.

Geez, poor Mr. Regular Season Peyton can't even win a Pro Bowl.

:D:D:D

• Members

Originally posted by meccajay

GOODBYE NFL 2005-2006..

..worthless.

Can't disagree. Pretty flat and ugly postseason. Even the one "classic" game -- Steelers/Colts -- was hardly a true classic with two great teams and an epic contour. Mostly it was all Steelers. Throwing in a terrible officiating call and a Bettis goaline fumble does not make it a classic. More a freakish curiousity of gaudy, temporary interest but no real long term value.

Super Bowl was marred by bad offficiating AND was just a blah game of half-baked performances on top of that. There's a recipe for excitement.

Tom Brady throws not just the worst postseason pass of life, but pretty much the ONLY bad one. Ben and Matt do him one better in the SB

Jake Plummer turns out to be Jake the Fake (flake?)

Peyton. I'll take a pass on that.

Big Ben turns in the worst Super Bowl by a winning QB.

Carson Palmer throws the best single pass in the Postseason and then is out for the game and maybe a lot longer.

Randle-El throws the next best postseason pass...

The Bears vaunted D gives up MILES of offense to Carolina at home.

The Redskins turn in two of the most inept offensive performances EVER--not just postseason, making Vassar look like the '86 Bears...

The Giants did not cross the Carolina 40...

Yep, Meccajay. I'm with you. I've never seen so "off" a postseason.

• Members

Best post-season ever! Steelers rise from 7-5 ashes to run the table as the sixth seed and hold the AFC 1,2, and 3 seeds and the NFL's leading scoring team to less than 20 PPG.

And Pit also had the most outstanding array of gadget plays I've ever seen.

P.S. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Gnts get womped. Nothing personal, but that was a spectacular win for Carolina.

• Members

Originally posted by Counterpoint

Best post-season ever! Steelers rise from 7-5 ashes to run the table as the sixth seed and hold the AFC 1,2, and 3 seeds and the NFL's leading scoring team to less than 20 PPG.

This I do not contest. The Steeler run was epic, but the games were not. The games by and large sucked.

• Members

Originally posted by Magpel

This I do not contest. The Steeler run was epic, but the games were not. The games by and large sucked.

I can agree that I've seen more exciting playoff years and WAY better SB's. (Way WORSE SB's, too, though.)

So, what will next year hold in store?

Reggie Bush - impact player or bust?

Carson Palmer - comeback kid or bitter tragedy?

Viince - an NFL prince?

Young Mr. Vick - can he conquer his demons?

Coaching moves - which were right, and which were foolish?

Archived