OT: NFL Football 2005-2006!

• Members

Originally
by Geoff Grace:

The Falcons just may put together their first back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history. (Apparently their dubious streak, now at 39 years, is the longest in pro sports history, surpassing even baseball's Cleveland Indians!)

Sure looks like it, eh?

Sorry, Philly fans.

Best,

Geoff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by dabowsa

Just in case you guys aren't checking the Survival Pool thread (only 6 of us have any reason to...), I started a KSS/KC NFL Picks group to begin for Week 2.

Group ID#: 46555

Password: bryceiscool

The more the merrier - your
pride
is at stake, boy!

Hmm, tried it. I can't get in!

• Members
Originally posted by Geoff Grace

Sorry, Philly fans.

The Eagles didn't deserve to win that game.

Between Akers' two missed FGs, the constant stream of illegal formation calls and McNabb's subpar performance, the Eagles were lucky to still be in it at the end.

Damn...McNabb's passing game was pathetic. :(

dB

• Members

Originally posted by Counterpoint

Hmm, tried it. I can't get in!

You'll need to have a Yahoo! account, so sign up or sign in. Then try the link again. No one else has reported any problems, so keep trying - there are still plenty of spots available.

McNabb was useless last night. Horrible, horrible game management. Laughable ball management - fumbles, throwing behind the line of scrimage, standing still in the pocket awaiting disaster...

At least the Falcons looked like they were trying to win!

• Members
Originally posted by steadyb

Almost, ummm ...Kerry Collins'-ish.
:eek::rolleyes::D

Frankly, I thought McNabb looked much worse than Collins did. Collins performance on Thursday was just lackluster/mediocre. McNabb's performance last night was...well, dabowsa said it very well:

Originally posted by dabowsa

McNabb was useless last night. Horrible, horrible game management. Laughable ball management - fumbles, throwing behind the line of scrimage, standing still in the pocket awaiting disaster...

Exactly.

dB

• Members

I don't understand what's going on with McNabb. It's like a flip switched and he went from being one of the most accurate, exciting QBs in the league to that guy we saw last night... echoes of the end of last year's Super Bowl.

I don't get it. Far be it for me to hypothesize here, but since there have been no specific physical difficulties to which one could attribute the drop in ability level (a la Warner's thumb, Harrington's shoulder, etc.), I can't help but think that something is going on in his head.

Which, for lack of a better word, sucks.

- Jeff

• Members

McNabb didn't have a good game, but give some credit to the Atlanta defense. McNabb took quite a shot on the Hall INT. Atlanta's defense looked fast, real fast. Actually, as Madden pointed out, both teams were doing some crisp tackling.

Despite the week one wackiness, I feel confident the Eagles are gonna beat the crap out of the 49ers this week.

Bonehead awards for Mathis and Trotter for getting in a fight before the game. :rolleyes:

• Members

Hello football fans & Forum members!! Hello Musicplayer peeps!! Long time ya'll.. Long time indeed...

All I can say is I've been living....er...surviving without internet for almost a year now, I had to take a job where there is no internet, and I never put the internet on my music machines at home...or vice versa. Anyway, new job now, and it sure feels good to get back to the way things used to be!

Want to thank Geoff Grace who took the time to give me a "where ya been" shout out. I hope you all are doing well, and I hope to get settled in here shortly.

Onto football

I'll start by saying the year looks rather bleak for my Titans, for we have no defense, and very little talent. and the year looks rather urgent for my Eagles.

Last nights game was pretty intense to say the least, but rather than pile on McNabb, I'll just say the hit he suffered took the run option from him early on, He was helplessly limited and very nervous so he ending up looking like a soldier from an old war movie with a single machine gun trying to hold back the countless hourdes of enemy pouring over the hill...rather than a polished QB. So much for analogies anyway(ahh the rust).

For all of you who suffered huge defeats in week one from your fav team or first outing in the elimination pool, all I can say is that week one is week one...
The fact is there are always teams who just aren't ready to play come the 1st game of the season. Weve been thru this before. We know the Jets are a playoff team if Chad is healthy, we know that Culpepper won't have 3 picks and 2 fumbles every week. We know that the 2005 49ers are not the 2003 Patriots, and we know Tampa Bay & Miami will settle down to the middle of the road soon enough. In any event, things look bad now for some of us, and that's what you gotta love about the NFL. The absolute uncertainty of every week.

Anyway, missed the hell out of you guys, I really did! Glad to be in the new digs.

-Jay

• Members
Originally posted by meccajay

Hello football fans & Forum members!! Hello Musicplayer peeps!! Long time ya'll.. Long time indeed...

Jay!

Good to hear from you, big man...glad to hear all is well...

Our Eagles looked pretty weak last night, but I'm hoping it's just the characteristic Philly slow start - remember two seasons ago when they fell to TB followed by NE to start the season 0-2? McNabb needs to get his {censored} together pretty quick, though...

Sorry you missed the pool, but you'd have probably gotten picked off along with 80% of us... :rolleyes:

dB

• Members

we know Tampa Bay & Miami will settle down to the middle of the road soon enough.

Tampa lost 10 of its 11 games last year by 7 points or less. Most of those games were decided by one play. It would not take much to turn that around to an 11 and 5 season.

• Members

Anyway, missed the hell out of you guys, I really did! Glad to be in the new digs.

-Jay

MJ sucks.

Go Lakers!!!

Go Seahawks!!!

:)

• Members
Originally posted by meccajay:

All I can say is I've been living....er...surviving without internet for almost a year now, I had to take a job where there is no internet, and I never put the internet on my music machines at home...or vice versa. Anyway, new job now, and it sure feels good to get back to the way things used to be!

Want to thank Geoff Grace who took the time to give me a "where ya been" shout out. I hope you all are doing well, and I hope to get settled in here shortly.

Onto football

I'll start by saying the year looks rather bleak for my Titans, for we have no defense, and very little talent.

Jay, it's good to see you here, my friend! I'm glad you got my PM. :cool:

You've been missed, indeed.

I'm also sad to see your Titans at low ebb. Steve McNair deserves a great team around him. I hope that they exceed our expectations or at least rebuild quickly.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Thanks for all the luv guys! You're my internet family for sure!

-Jeff, thanks for the condolences. I'll need more of that thru the course of the year as the Titans continuosly let speedy 3rd string RB's whoosh past the D-line like so many large matadors wearing helmets with flaming thumtack logos on them.

-db, I think once McNabb heals all is well in Philly. That sternum injury is a pretty nasty thing. I just witnessed all the setbacks with Steve McNair due to multiple sternum whacks over the years so it is pretty serious. I think they should sit Donovan for a couple weeks. Hopefully we don't go 1-2 during the healing process!

-debowsa, Here I come bro!

-Steady b, who are the Lakers? Is this a new expansion Hockey team? Im Interested to know.

-Rockxtreme, Hey man, I hope you're right!! I didn't mean to underestimate the Bucs at all. I based most of my statement on my opinion of Brian Griese, who hasn't really been a fav of mine. I will say I hope to wrong about this because the more dangerous the NFC South is, the more likely the Falcons are to take a beating. All also say your team hasn't gone unnoticed by me. I see you've added Chris Hovan to the D-line. Hovan, Booger McFarlane, and Simeon Rice make a stout lil group. I'm looking forward to seeing them play!

-Geoff, Don't fret about them Packers.. Playoffs or not, you'll still have some incredible memories this season watching one of the all time great QB's in action. Favre always comes around!

Archived