The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Members

Originally posted by Busta

Is 4/4 the standard for delay time? I've never had a delay pedal where you could adjust that? I feel like this is a stupid question. I appreciate your help.

there are no others to my knowledge.

delay is timed according to milliseconds and is independent of time signature, wholenotes/quarters, etc.

let's say your song is in 4/4 and the bar (and therefore wholenotes) lasts 1200ms.

if you set yr delay to 1200ms then you're playing whole notes. if you set it to 400ms then you're playing quarters.

the ability to change from quarter to whole note is there on the dd20 so you can quickly change from one to the other for 2 different delay times within one song--e.g. if you've tapped a tempo of 400ms as a quarter note and switch to whole notes you're now at 1200ms.

my tip: keep it on quarter if you're tapping. otherwise you'll never get a hang of it.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Busta

So really it's just a way of adjusting the delay time, as in milliseconds? So triplets would be a short delay time, correct?

triplets are kinda weird though because they divide a bar irregularly.

but, basically, yes it's "just a way of adjusting the delay time"--the neat thing being that it's still in time with the song.

but another neat thing is that you can tap the delay time in whole notes but the delay that comes out is in quarters. this is handy cuz precisely tapping quarters can be tricky on a short delay.

so it offers as a lot of possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey everyone,
I just got my DD-20 on the weekend. I was wondering about the 2 head option in the Tape mode. Is second head a set time after the first? or can I adjust it?

Btw, for the guy wanted In the Name Of Love settings, it's 418ms with modulation, 1 repeat, level to your tastes, and turn the depth down to about 30 to not have it sound fake.

• Members

I used to think that I could get a Memory Man to complement my DD-3, and I'd be set an have almost all the colors of delay I'd need.

Now, maybe I'm thinking: should I get a DD-20 and, maybe, and Arion SAD-1 to get the grainy analog gunk?

SO many choices, so much to buy. :)

• Members

Hey,

Please excuse this if it was talked about already here-

Does anyone use a volume pedal on the input of the DD-20 and set the output to full? So you can adjust the amount of deal with your foot?

BTW- I love this delay!

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

Please excuse this if it was talked about already here-

Does anyone use a volume pedal on the input of the DD-20 and set the output to full? So you can adjust the amount of deal with your foot?

BTW- I love this delay!

hm? not following you.

i've tried running the wet output straight and the dry output at reduced volume for a swell/wash/wet sound.

that's neat.

or you can put a volume pedal after the wet output to control the level by foot.

• Members

Hey,

Im sorry-

You use a volume pedal on the input. You set the (output) Level to full. You use the volume pedal to adjust how much delay signal is in the loop.

My friend suggested this- he runs his delay like this. I havent tried it yet. I will soon.

Even if you back all the way down on the volume pedal- the delay still trails. Works in parallel loops. My Engls have an adjustible loop. series to parallel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

StratOLounger is happy! StratOLounger is Loungin in the DD-20 Lounge.

MF dropped the price back down to $179 recently, last few weeks I guess. Got GC to match it out the door. Why wouldn't they?

I'll recoup most of it back by selling one of my dd-6's. This thing is a keeper. First thing I noticed was lower noise ratio on higher EFX Levels.

Fits in the foot print of my two dd-6's...... YES!!!!!

:D

• Members
Originally posted by StratOLounger

MF dropped the price back down to $179 recently, last few weeks I guess. Got GC to match it out the door. Why wouldn't they?

I'll recoup most of it back by selling one of my dd-6's. This thing is a keeper. First thing I noticed was lower noise ratio on higher EFX Levels.

welcome

• Members
Originally posted by StratOLounger

Thanks for the tip! pulled that {censored} last night...$179 sold...

Archived