The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

okay, question here:

i am very idiotic when it comes to effects pedals sometimes - and i've tried searching through the DD-20 manual for this - but how on earth do you turn off te "seamless switching function" on the pedal? like, is there even a way to turn off this feature where the reverberation continues even after you turn the effect off?

i was thinking it would be under one of the 3 pedal modes maybe, but the manual mentions nothing about the seamless switching. a friend of mine told me there was definitely a way to turn it off.

it kind of bothers me during the certain parts i use it in - like, i have to turn off the delay effect prior to the guitar part finishing. if that makes any sense?

thanks!

• Members

okay, question here:

i am very idiotic when it comes to effects pedals sometimes - and i've tried searching through the DD-20 manual for this - but how on earth do you turn off te "seamless switching function" on the pedal? like, is there even a way to turn off this feature where the reverberation continues even after you turn the effect off?

i was thinking it would be under one of the 3 pedal modes maybe, but the manual mentions nothing about the seamless switching. a friend of mine told me there was definitely a way to turn it off.

it kind of bothers me during the certain parts i use it in - like, i have to turn off the delay effect prior to the guitar part finishing. if that makes any sense?

thanks!

You have to change the pedal mode, which is a pain in the ass because the out of the box mode is better. They should have made it with a simple global off for that feature.

• Members

I just purchased a DD-20 last night... Like New for $115. I love it, but I am trying to figure out a way to rig a "spot delay" effect. Basically I want to use a volume or expression pedal or a momentary footswitch to kick in the delay at the end of certain phrases. Any idea how to wire that?

Get a true bypass looper for around $50, put the delay pedal in there..

• Members

Well I'm on page 9, and I'm tired of reading for now, so I'll just ask it.

Is there a way to get a vibrato setting on the DD-20? Someone over at TGP had a fantastic thread with all these cool sounds including vibrato, but I can't find it seeing as I have hotmail and therefore can't join up at TGP. If anyone could post that setting/give me a link to that thread that'd be fantastic! :thu:

Oh and I just got my DD-20 yesterday. Traded it + FS5-u + $30 for my SMMH... so far I'm very happy. :D

• Members
Can I use my dc brick or one spot to power it or would you guys suggest the psa adpter? And what would the benefit be in using the FS-SU footswitch? Tap tempo or spot delay? Does it do both?

I'm using a 1spot and it works fine. Just make sure you have enough ma left.

I use my fs-5u for tap tempo. I don't even know what spot delay is. :freak:

• Members

Well I'm on page 9, and I'm tired of reading for now, so I'll just ask it.

Is there a way to get a vibrato setting on the DD-20? Someone over at TGP had a fantastic thread with all these cool sounds including vibrato, but I can't find it seeing as I have hotmail and therefore can't join up at TGP. If anyone could post that setting/give me a link to that thread that'd be fantastic!

+ 1

It would be great to have it all summed up..

Kinda like "the ultimate guide to the giga delay dd-20"

• Members

Is there a way to get a vibrato setting on the DD-20? Someone over at TGP had a fantastic thread with all these cool sounds including vibrato, but I can't find it seeing as I have hotmail and therefore can't join up at TGP.

CE-1 Vibrato: Use "Out A"

MODE: Modulate

DELAY TIME: 1ms

E. LEVEL: 10

FBACK: 0

TONE: 0

RATE: 90

DEPTH: 85

VIBRATO: To get VB-2 type vibrato, output must be set to "out 2" (manual p.30), and cable to amp plugged into "out b".

MODE: Modulate

DELAY TIME: 1ms

E. LEVEL: 10

FBACK: 0

TONE: 4

RATE: 70

DEPTH: 80

I'm actually going through some of those TGP-posted settings tonight (finally, I've been wanting to do this since that thread was first started), so I haven't myself tried these yet but hopefully they'll work out. Let me know how they work for you. :thu:

edit: Also, linkage:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=305270&page=2

• Members
Oh hey, nvm about the link. I just removed the '&page=2' and it works fine.

Ah, okay. I wasn't getting that when I copy-pasted the url but was when clicking it. Strange.

Those settings seemed fairly legit to me, I really like the Clean Pad and CE-1 Chorus. Preset'd! :cool:

• Members

Lol yeah they were fun to mess around with. I really liked the vibrato setting but it can only do fastish vibrato and has a huge output increase when in output mode 2 and the cable is in output B, so I was a bit bummed out by that. I'll just get the behringer vb-2 clone. :)

One of my favorite settings is that ring mod setting posted earlier with 10ms... I love it. Bit of a volume drop, but that can be fixed if I was ever going to use it live.

Overall, I REALLY like the DD-20 better than my SMMH. Easier to use, better sounds, more useable sounds... it's just better. IMO

• Members

One of my favorite settings is that ring mod setting posted earlier with 10ms... I love it. Bit of a volume drop, but that can be fixed if I was ever going to use it live.

Overall, I REALLY like the DD-20 better than my SMMH. Easier to use, better sounds, more useable sounds... it's just better. IMO

Cool thing about the ring mod...if you save it at say 10ms as your preset, you can then also always tap tempo it up to something more common like 400ms and still have a regular delay without needing to fill two preset spots.

Interesting comments about the SMMH...I was planning on picking one of those up hopefully in a month or so to complement my DD20 and Nova. Worth it? Pretending money and board space aren't objects.

• Members

Had a separate thread for this, but since this thread answers all things DD-20, I'll put it here:

I want to create a SOS loop that I can fade out. Tolling_Bells found this for me in the HC reviews section:

You can actually preset a patch to become a looper, with you can then easily turn the record feature on and off, and set the feedback time in order to achieve Fripp-like flexibility: a gradual fading out of old material (you can set the time of the fade or have it not fade at all, with the turn of your feedback knob) so that over time, your looping can become more freeform, and you aren't just stuck with a rhythmic bed, like if you were looping with a Jamman or RC-20 (nice products too, but also limited).

Here's how:

1. Set a delay time to 23 seconds in quarter note mode and save this to a patch.

2. Start to play and press tap simultaneously (either using external or internal footswitch). Make sure you've enabled the record (or on/off) switch.

3. Finish phrase and press tap again

4. Now you can set the decay of your 'SOS' loop.

5. You can also turn on and off what you record in the loop, without fear of fumbling and deleting the loop by not holding down the switch in SOS mode.

6. If you use the pan delay, I believe the total amount of loop time is actually 46 seconds. That's enough, I think.

7. You can also set up your patches to all be 23 second loopers, and then you can record a loop, switch to the next patch, record another loop, and have two going on simultaneously. That's fun. However, once you switch to the next patch, the first loop will disappear.

On the hope of this working, I laid out for a DD-20. I've been playing with it for about a day.

I've set a memory patch up as above (#1 in my case). I'm able to get it to function somewhat. My major problem is the loop fades out pretty quickly. I want the loop to keep running until I turn the Feedback down and fade it out.

Currently I have the effect level and feedback both at max. It doesn't seem to make a difference where I set the feedback knob, it fades out after about 3 or 4 repeats.

My minor problem is setting the right pedal to be permanently Tap-Tempo, which would go a long way toward creating loops with ease.

• Members

I think it might just be easier to buy a tap-tempo button.

Tap tempo was the minor problem of my question. I agree, an external tap tempo would be easier, but if I can set the right pedal for tap tempo, it's all for the better.

BACK TO MY MAJOR QUESTION:

Is there a way to set the Feedback knob to have infinite repeats?

Archived