what is your most disappointing effect purchase ever?

• Members

What pedal did you buy thinking it was going to be so very very very awesome and then once you got it you were disappointed. like it didn't live up to its hype or just the thought you had in your head about how it would sound wasn't the sound you were hearing and then from the first note you play you know you made the wrong decision.

for me. personally. you may love it and it may be the foundation of your tone but for me. it was the BK tube driver. I was thinking yes! Eric Johnson in a box and then i plug it in a nope. it didn't sound anything like i was hoping. i cranked the reverb up on my amp and everything. i was disappointed. it was a cool pedal and all, just not what i was expecting. but it was probably my fault due to my misguided expectations. good thing i got most of my money back on ebay.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the Moog pedals.

dude did you get one of the shirts that says " im an idot " on it? at least i think it was moogerfooger that said if you bought a pedal from them and didnt like it and returned it they would give you a shirt that said im a idot on it. I always wanted to buy one of their pedals and then return it just to get that shirt.

the only moog ive ever played was the delay. which was freaking awesome for like 350-400 bucks. to bad they are wanting like 700 for that dawg.

• Members

I have only just started buying pedals without trying them out first. Hopefully when my purchases arrive I will NOT have anything to add to this thread.

P.S. How can you not like Moog? Was it because your expectations were too high, or do you really not like the way that they sound?

• Members

I have only just started buying pedals without trying them out first. Hopefully when my purchases arrive I will NOT have anything to add to this thread.

P.S. How can you not like Moog? Was it because your expectations were too high, or do you really not like the way that they sound?

Are those the only two options? How about, does not make the sounds produced on the website? How about has preamp that alters signal dramatically.

• Members

behringer UO100
I knew it wasn't going to be good but I had no idea it would be that bad. tone/volume sucking monster even when bypassed, and no control whatsoever with the effect.

boss ns-2
found out it's only a noise gate after buying it. thought it actually reduced signal noise while playing

ehx electric mistress
wonderful-sounding effect but the lack of a status led is completelly unnacceptable. it was actually what pushed me to sell it away, as nice as it sounded. also I'm not really a fan of huge pedals UNLESS it's justifyable (needs lots of buttons/knobs/sliders, or uses complex electronics)

Archived