what is your most disappointing effect purchase ever?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are only two for me...First the rocktron hush pedal,I would not recomend this pedal,I bought it for my bass and by the time the thresholed is turned high enough to stop the noise it starts to cut out the signal and completely screws up your tone,now if you only have a slight noise problem it works pretty good without side effects,I'll just say Im glad I only paid $40.

Second would be the Digitech Death Metal pedal wich made me mad because Im a big fan of Digitech,It just didnt live up to my expectations.I dont know quite how to explain it, its like theres to much distortion but yet weak at the same time.Im not going to get rid of it yet though,Im planning on getting a EQ pedal for my other pedals and see if that doesent change my opinion.

• Members

- DOD OD Preamp 250 (reissue):

Maybe it just didn't agree with my amp but I couldn't any way to use it for anything in any way I wanted. And it just added mostly noise and nothing else.

- MXR Distortion+ (vintage version):

not a bad pedal as such but practically useless for me and style of tones.

And I am still waiting for my Zvex Fuzz Factory to arrive and I am afraid I might have too high expectations for it...

• Members

All the pedals i own have been something of a let down. In my head i have these crazy sounds and when i stomp on a pedal it rarely thrills me the way i'd thought it might. However all the ones i still own are cool and good in combination, just no huge stand outs.

• Members
My most annoying would be my old Vamp 2, the stupid thins kept deleting my presets, and the default ones just stopped working from time to time.

It was as temperamental as my Mrs.
:thu:

This is what happens when the internal battery (for the CMOS) dies. Simply unscrew the back, slap a new 3 dollar battery in there and viola - back in business.

Now if I can only find out how the hell everyone is getting such sweet tones outta' there V-Amp 2s when mine always seems to sound at least somewhat muddy, even with downloaded presets. Where's the clarity MAN?!!!

• Members

A Metal Zone that the e-bayer informed me was "keeley modified"

Never could get decent sounds out of that one !!

Asked the ebayer to prove it really was Keeley modified and he sent me a list of cap and resistor changes. Is that it ? Or do you also get a gold plaque and certificate with it ?

• Members

Also the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave fuzz.

I paid too much for it and it was real bad, not at all like Hendrix tone

and even if you got the Hendrix connection out of your mind and evaluated this as a octave fuzz, it was baaaaaaaaaaadd. Only two controls, bad sound, bad octaving,

Just plain bad product !!!!

By "Bad" i mean like dont waste your money man

Not "Bad" as in Carmen Electra is real Bad !!!

• Members

Boss CS-3 compressor. Noisy as ****. I can pay Mark Humphrey to mod it into an Atom Smasher, but that's $40 on top of the $80 I paid for this pedal already. Probably still very much worth it.

Apparently the way to avoid the noise is to not use it as a sustain pedal that much, don't take the sustain much above 5 or 6, and keep the level down a little. If you turn all three up, you get lots of noise.

Archived