what is your most disappointing effect purchase ever?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jaques Tubeblower was one of the worst pedals I ever played. Coming in a close second was the SIB! Mr. Echo original. Apparently there's a new version out that's supposed to be better.

BTW, I read the ZIM post above and almost cried. That's one of the best pedals that I ever purchased. Just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks.

• Members

Me too.

It didn't fit with my rig but that's not to say it's crap!

I didn't think it was crap. When it first arrived and I played it for a half hour before going to work I thought it was very good. I just found it disappointing that I couldn't get it to play nicely with the rest of my gear.

• Members

Most dissapointing pedal? Meaning its a good pedal but just didn't blast you away like some other pedals have?

Maybe my Boss BF-3 flanger, it sounds really good with my set-up but still havent made much use for it yet.

Maybe I should take it off my pedal board and use it alone for awhile

• Members

Not really an effect, but the Arion tuner pedal. Man what a waste of 20 bucks. It doesn't do alternate tunings at all, and is almost a halftone out of tune for standard tuning. And to top it off the plastic cover over the LEDs fell off right when I took it out of the package. It only works good for keeping the dust off a 4" x 6" patch on my shelves. I was initially bummed out with my Russian Big Muff but once I learned how to tweak the settings I like it alot.

• Members

Crowther Hotcake. Had it twice because I thought maybe I got a bad one. Just sounded like Alka Seltzer.

I had the same experience, but I gave up after one. It had a nice crunch sound to it, followed by an ugly fizzle sound as the note decayed.

• Members
Voodoo labs Tremolo .. The one with 4 knobs !! Maybe i had a bad one but it always seemed that there was a ticking sound that went along with the rate even when disengaged ! It was very hard to dial in a sound I liked and was very displeased with it's sound !
2006_02160001.jpg

Second most disappointing purchase was a Fulltone Soulbender !

Archived