what is your most disappointing effect purchase ever?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not really an effect, but the Arion tuner pedal. Man what a waste of 20 bucks. It doesn't do alternate tunings at all, and is almost a halftone out of tune for standard tuning. And to top it off the plastic cover over the LEDs fell off right when I took it out of the package. It only works good for keeping the dust off a 4" x 6" patch on my shelves.

I think you just got a bad one. I have been using mine for several years, and it's going strong. Alt. tunings? No, but it was only $20! Mine is dead nuts on standard pitch.

• Members

DS-1:rolleyes:

plus 1000. damn that DS 1. but for some reason i just keep on buying and selling it. I still have my 2nd DS 1 and its on its way to the buyer. Especially when i got my BM and SD 2, the DS 1 sounded more crappy than it use to. Maybe becuase of the fact that its together with good pedals.

Im new here.

thanks

• Members

I think you just got a bad one. I have been using mine for several years, and it's going strong. Alt. tunings? No, but it was only $20! Mine is dead nuts on standard pitch.

I have been using two of those for about 8 years and I've had no problems. One has been on my main gigging board for about 6 years and I've put it through the ringer (beer, smoke, snow-boot stomp). It still tunes well. You probably did get a dud.

• Members

I guess the BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack version). At first, I thought it was great.

With time I liked it less and less and the difference seemed more and more not worth it, plus it made some of my low end flabby, instead of making it tighter. Sold it and have not really missed it since.

Archived