How do you get your best SURF sound?

mookieunit

• Members
I've always wanted one of those Tel-Rays. There was a Gibson variant on sale at Chicago's GC for YEARS and they finally sold it the day before I went back to give them an offer.
:(

It's the Gibson GA-4RE Reverb/Echo - tube driven, supposedly THE oil-can unit to have.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never been there, but yeah, big wheel would've been cool. The ladies dig the big wheel. I got competition stripes and flame decals. A SPOILER. and Nitrous boost.

Yeah, because the first one was a little incoherent and long winded, i decided to just not give a {censored}, because it's obvious you're some butthurt little {censored} because someone thinks your guitar is ugly.

Oh - BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!

• Members

what's on a geico sticker? If I find some cool cheesy stickers i'll put one on the back. I have a couple gay pride stickers i got off ebay for jock vandalism.

The sticker I'm talking about shows that Gecko playing a modified Tele, and wearing a Captain Caveman cape. Those stickers were a promotional item in family-sized bags of Cheetoh's this year.

• Members

Oh - BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!

it's funny, you remind me of this kid on another forum. all he did was what you're doing, cop out and laugh, like he was on some higher level.

get over yourself dude, if you're not going to bother responding intelligently, why being a dick about it? all i did was say i thought your guitar was ugly.

• Members

The sticker I'm talking about shows that Gecko playing
modified
Tele, and wearing a Captain Caveman cape. They were a promotional item in family-sized bags of Cheetoh's this year.

Dammit, i want one of those, ima look it up on ebay and steal your idea, sir. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR GOOD DAY

• Members

Answer the question...

Yeah, you caught me, i piss myself FOREVER. i just can't control my bladder because I have bladder cancer. I was diagnosed in March of 2005. i have to wear the old lady diapers because I dont even realize when i'm urinating.

is that satisfactory enough for your feeble mind?

• Members

Yeah, you caught me, i piss myself FOREVER. i just can't control my bladder because I have bladder cancer. I was diagnosed in March of 2005. i have to wear the old lady diapers because I dont even realize when i'm urinating.

is that satisfactory enough for your feeble mind?

Yes - I can take comfort knowning your death while slow and painful, will be imminent.

Thank you!

• Members
That thing is
clean

If you ever need repair info, there was a GeoCities site dedicated to the Tel-Ray oil cans - tons of great info there.

Thanks, I've checked the oil can sites before I found mine. Seems as though the oil was a big mystery to most until some of these sites popped up with good info.

My model has a "7199" preamp tube in it.

Some examples for those who haven't heard... (treblemakers are great too!)

http://www.geocities.com/tel_ray/sounds.html

BTW thats a nice Reverberocket as well, most people don't realize Fenders aren't the only vintage amps you can get killer surf tones from ;)

• Members

Yes - I can take comfort knowning your death while slow and painful, will be imminent.

Thank you!

i hope to god you're kidding, if you're not you need some {censored}ing help if you take comfort in knowing someone's gonna die BECAUSE THEY SAID YOUR GUITAR WAS UGLY.

seriously, get {censored}ed dude, you're insane.

• Members
i hope to god you're kidding, if you're not you need some {censored}ing help if you take comfort in knowing someone's gonna die BECAUSE THEY SAID YOUR GUITAR WAS UGLY.

seriously, get {censored}ed dude, you're insane.

So now you choose to take the high road... :rolleyes:

• Members
So
now
you choose to take the high road...
:rolleyes:

what the {censored} are you talking about? i've tried the entire time, but you're psycho ass decides to be a little {censored} every time i make another response. no doubt you'll say, "BWAHHAHAHAHAH!!!" again or something equally stupid. if you'll recall when i first posted i said you butchered a tele, then you told me what it was and i conceded that i had thought it was a fender that you gutted and didnt care that much, and you're stupid ass kept going about how you thought i was trying to "relic" my guitar.

• Members

So, thread summary.

HMTele.jpg

^ Win.

bug001.jpg

^ Fail.

Eastwood Tokai Hummingbird, looks like an evil Mosrite

Danelectro Hodad, mosrite-esque shape as well

vintage Traynor "Evil Twin" YGL-3 Mark III with Eminence Swamp Thangs

vintage Traynor YGM-4 Studio Mate (needs some Webers soon) both have great reverb + trem

Ibanez FZ7 fuzz, I still have to put together kit for "Shin Ei Companion Fuzz" clone pedal

Fender Echo-Reverb "oil can" delay unit from the '60s, can't believe I found one in near mint condition for cheap...

my.php?image=40083u220822sn0.jpg

Fukkin' awesome. :love:

• Members
what the {censored} are you talking about? i've tried the entire time, but you're psycho ass decides to be a little {censored} every time i make another response. no doubt you'll say, "BWAHHAHAHAHAH!!!" again or something equally stupid. if you'll recall when i first posted i said you butchered a tele, then you told me what it was and i conceded that i had thought it was a fender that you gutted and didnt care that much, and you're stupid ass kept going about how you thought i was trying to "relic" my guitar.

And you're calling Erksin butthurt? :rolleyes:

• Members

Will you shut the {censored} up already?

Jesus H man, every thread I've read on this forum is you running your {censored}ing mouth and contributing NOTHING useful. Kid, you need to back away from the machine and go take a nap or something.

No wonder why so many good, helpful people left this forum. Jerkoff know-it-alls like you make this place {censored}. Congratulations.

• Members
Will you shut the {censored} up already?

Jesus H man, every thread I've read on this forum is you running your {censored}ing mouth and contributing NOTHING useful. Kid, you need to back away from the machine and go take a nap or something.

No wonder why so many good, helpful people left this forum. Jerkoff know-it-alls like you make this place {censored}. Congratulations.

:thu:

so, when does school start back? Always seems to help clean this place up a bit.

• Members

The first song on my myspace is kind of a surf tune that i wrote for a theme song contest. I got that surf sound using a Strat with Lace Custom Shop Pickups into an Ayan Slim and Smooth into a Traynor YCV50 with a good dose of reverb.

Usually, I just plug a strat into my Blues Jr. for my Surfish tones, which are what i use a lot in all styles of music.

• Members

Can someone recap everything here? Well {censored}, I'll try...

Someone wanted input on getting a SURF sound (post #1)

Someone showed a pic of a Tele with alternate pickups (post #13)

Someone objected to the Tele (post #20)

Some other stuff happened and now 5 pages later we are kicking each other in the nuts and not even mentioning SURF guitar anymore.

Archived