How do you get your best SURF sound?

mookieunit

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
and when did i ever talk about relicing my guitar, i said i noticed the finish was really thick on my tele because i stabbed it with a screw driver once. i didnt stab it to make it look cool, i did it to cover up something i wrote in permanent marker that wasn't funny.

Seriously - pics? What's the matter - dad won't let you borrow the camera until you clean up your room?

:blah:

• Members

Sorry - I'm just so curious to see his drool inducing 'work of art'...
;)

Haha dude i have pictures on my computer. In fact, they're easily accessed, and I'm pretty sure they're already on my photobucket. Now, your dumbass seems to think that I'm trying to make it look like art, someone else called me a dumbass. I slammed it into the treadmill (that was the metal pole) because it was right next to my pedals, and I was rawking the {censored} out, not to be edgy or cool or anything. i totally stabbed it on purpose though, but that's because i didnt want people to read what i wrote.

I only said it was beautiful because it actually looks like a telecaster, not some frankenstein with a tele body.

• Members

haha, yeah and what i wrote was, "and i'm a mac..."

it was stupid, but i dunno, that apple sticker can easily be sanded off. it look better though when i didnt outline it with the marker, it was less noticeable.

BWAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!

• Members

Eastwood Tokai Hummingbird, looks like an evil Mosrite
Danelectro Hodad, mosrite-esque shape as well

vintage Traynor "Evil Twin" YGL-3 Mark III with Eminence Swamp Thangs
vintage Traynor YGM-4 Studio Mate (needs some Webers soon) both have great reverb + trem

Ibanez FZ7 fuzz, I still have to put together kit for "Shin Ei Companion Fuzz" clone pedal
Fender Echo-Reverb "oil can" delay unit from the '60s, can't believe I found one in near mint condition for cheap...

my.php?image=40083u220822sn0.jpg

• Members
Fender Echo-Reverb "oil can" delay unit from the '60s, can't believe I found one in near mint condition for cheap...

my.php?image=40083u220822sn0.jpg

Those things can sound VERY cool - is yours noisy at all? Sometimes the motors can add quite a bit of noise...

• Members

I love my iBook, but I would never put an
Apple
sticker on a guitar.

A
Geico
sticker is another story. And then I'll etch 'So easy a caveman could do it' on the guitar body.

what's on a geico sticker? If I find some cool cheesy stickers i'll put one on the back. I have a couple gay pride stickers i got off ebay for jock vandalism.

• Members

Those things can sound VERY cool - is yours noisy at all? Sometimes the motors can add quite a bit of noise...

Nope its not noisy at all, motor is fine and apparently has enough of the oil. You are right a lot of the time they need work with the motor and/or need the oil added by now. Maybe mine was fixed up, or never touched at all, not sure as I've never had it open.

• Members

so what, are you like the resident douchebag or something? Or you're pretty butthurt that i said your guitar was hideous. why don't you take a step away from the key baord and turn on the TV for a few seconds instead of feeling aweomse that you're (failing to) degrade someone on the internet.

Uh, ah, BWAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!

• Members

Nope its not noisy at all, motor is fine and apparently has enough of the oil. You are right a lot of the time they need work with the motor and/or need the oil added by now. Maybe mine was fixed up, or never touched at all, not sure as I've never had it open.

That thing is clean...

If you ever need repair info, there was a GeoCities site dedicated to the Tel-Ray oil cans - tons of great info there.

• Members

Uh, ah, BWAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!

damn you're from portland? and you're this much of a douche?

i was under the impression that almost everyone from portland was a hipster.

edit: ah nvm, i forgot that hipsters are sometimes cocks too. this one i met at the guitar store was being a little bitch because i was trying to help him turn on a {censored}ing amp, it took him like 15 minutes to hit the standby switch after i told him that 5 minutes before.

• Members

so what, are you like the resident douchebag or something? Or you're pretty butthurt that i said your guitar was hideous. why don't you take a step away from the key board and turn on the TV for a few seconds. Maybe that'll help clear your retard rage.

Swing, and a miss!

• Members

damn you're from portland? and you're this much of a douche?

i was under the impression that almost everyone from portland was a hipster.

edit: ah nvm, i forgot that hipsters are sometimes cocks too. this one i met at the guitar store was being a little bitch because i was trying to help him turn on a {censored}ing amp, it took him like 15 minutes to hit the standby switch after i told him that 5 minutes before.

Did your mom drive you, or did you just park your Big Wheel out front..?

• Members

I've always wanted one of those Tel-Rays. There was a Gibson variant on sale at Chicago's GC for YEARS and they finally sold it the day before I went back to give them an offer. :(

Archived