Should i put 10.s on my Les Paul ???

Moltisanti

• Members

I've always played with 09.s on all my guitars, which have all had had 25.5 inch necks, but since getting my Les Paul Goldtop earler in the year I'm starting to think 10.s would sound better.

It doesn't sound bad, just a little flappy at times if that makes sense.

Is there anything to gain with 10.s on my Les ?

• Members

You should definately try 10 gauge, what's to lose, $5?

The worst thing that can happen is you don't like the way they feel for a few days, and maybe you make the mistake of going back to 9's only to realize the 10's sounded alot better and go back to those.

Then after that you can start wondering about 11's, and yes, they sound better than 10's. 11's are the answer. They sound better, bigger and bolder, they're harder to bend but that's probably a good thing and they'll make your fingers much stronger.

• Members

I've always played with 09.s on all my guitars, which have all had had 25.5 inch necks, but since getting my Les Paul Goldtop earler in the year I'm starting to think 10.s would sound better.

It doesn't sound bad, just a little flappy at times if that makes sense.

Is there anything to gain with 10.s on my Les ?

I do hybrids - 10's on top and 9's on bottom for SPEED!!

• Members

Then after that you can start wondering about 11's, and yes, they sound better than 10's. 11's are the answer. They sound better, bigger and bolder, they're harder to bend but that's probably a good thing and they'll make your fingers much stronger.

I used elevens for a year and went back to tens because I preferred the tone. elevens are beefier, but tens are more articulate, I do believe.

Archived