amp forum once again taken over

echodeluxe

• Members
there is none unless you like brutal gainz or cannibal corpse, etc. bring alll sensible amp questions to this forum or the 'Electric Guitar' forum

yeah, you are right...when I first came here I used to post questions in 'amps' 'guitars' even 'DIY' .... I just found the people here to be more 'in tune' with me on any musical equipment question.

a big thumbs up for the FX people! :thu:

• Members

it used to be back when guys like thelo, gbm, bgc and the like were around. lots of builders used to post here, too, and new ones were constantly showing up. now it's a bunch of kids recommending pedals they've never played and making ridiculous claims about the ones they have.

Agreed. I havent been on here that long but I lurked a long time before that and it was way better even a year ago when I signed on.

• Members

it used to be back when guys like thelo, gbm, bgc and the like were around. lots of builders used to post here, too, and new ones were constantly showing up. now it's a bunch of kids recommending pedals they've never played and making ridiculous claims about the ones they have.

Several Senior members have expressed this frustration, and I feel compelled to put in my $.02.

It would be great if this forum had more experienced builders to take over and share their expertise. I would love to hear more advice from the pros, and less OT threads.

But they must have left for a reason. When I joined this forum in July, there was a lot of petty bitching, fighting, and chest-beating going on here. From reading past years threads, it seems there has been a lot of that overall. At least the FX forum seems less caustic now.

The "kids" are here partly because they want to share their enthusiasm for their gear; but they're also here because they love effects and want to learn. If you have expertise, TEACH THEM! :idea: But it seems that a lot of experts rarely have the desire to teach anymore. They prefer to have their elite gentlemen's club, and snub anyone who can't speak in their league. I'm all for seeing HCFX become a place to learn more about FX and DIY without getting my face chewed off for not being an engineer, for having an opinion, or for being excited about a new purchase.

• Members
Several Senior members have expressed this frustration, and I feel compelled to put in my $.02.

It would be great if this forum had more experienced builders to take over and share their expertise. I would love to hear more advice from the pros, and less OT threads.

But they must have left for a reason. When I joined this forum in July, there was a lot of petty bitching, fighting, and chest-beating going on here. From reading past years threads, it seems there has been a lot of that overall. At least the FX forum seems less caustic now.

The "kids" are here partly because they want to share their enthusiasm for their gear; but they're also here because they love effects and want to learn. If you have expertise, TEACH THEM!
:idea:
But it seems that a lot of experts rarely have the desire to teach anymore. They prefer to have their elite gentlemen's club, and snub anyone who can't speak in their league. I'm all for seeing HCFX become a place to learn more about FX and DIY without getting my face chewed off for not being an engineer, for having an opinion, or for being excited about a new purchase.

+1. Great post.

• Members

The "kids" are here partly because they want to share their enthusiasm for their gear; but they're also here because they love effects and want to learn. If you have expertise, TEACH THEM!
:idea:
But it seems that a lot of experts rarely have the desire to teach anymore. They prefer to have their elite gentlemen's club, and snub anyone who can't speak in their league. I'm all for seeing HCFX become a place to learn more about FX and DIY without getting my face chewed off for not being an engineer, for having an opinion, or for being excited about a new purchase.

:thu: :thu:

Archived