The use of Equipment, putting the BS myths to rest

Zachman

• Members

sorry, i was only reacting to the condescending title of the thread. you say you are just trying to 'educate' people. but the real agenda seems to be to stroke your ego and draw attention to your gear, which you are correct in being proud of.

Actually, this thread has spawned some interesting insight for me. I'm a guitarist but I never really got into "guitar culture", so coming here has introduced new perspectives to me. I had no idea there was such a big dislike of multi-effects processors and rack gear before coming here.

I've also learned a bit about stompboxes (especially boutique ones) that I didn't know, so its helped broaden my horizons as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Actually, this thread has spawned some interesting insight for me. I'm a guitarist but I never really got into "guitar culture", so coming here has introduced new perspectives to me. I had no idea there was such a big dislike of multi-effects processors and rack gear before coming here.

I've also learned a bit about stompboxes (especially boutique ones) that I didn't know, so its helped broaden my horizons as well.

The HC Effects forum is not an accurate depiction of the rest of the REAL world's view, regarding rack processors, multi-effects processors, or the use of rack gear by any stretch, as is evidenced by the wide spread use of rack gear in all of it's various configurations in the real world, by actual artists, and professionals.

Glad you found some topics of interest. ;):thu:

• Members

not trolling.

commenting on what is important to me in this context. playing the fcking guitar.

and yes, i read every page of this thread.

mmm ya, Ok...........you'll understand my skepticism, as your rude introduction, doesn't exactly earn respect in the eyes of any, but for trolls, interested in sport trolling.

You came across sounding like the amazing lessons that you could teach regarding tone, the use of gear and playing should have Allan Holdsworth, Guthrie Govan and the who's who of players can be expected as you mentioned we've "heard of your playing".

Can't wait to hear, your mastery. I am always excited to learn something new everyday. I look forward to you unveiling your identity and credentials so as to be able to hear your clips, purchase your CD's, and take your online lessons. I am always trying to improve, as you pointed out, I need it.

Being nowhere near your level not withstanding (jury is still out though, I hope you understand why), I am very interested at hearing your ideas for utilizing the types of gear that I use, so as to better my results, from it as well. Before you say get rid of it, I can turn it off, no problem- I was just hoping to get some of your programming wisdom regarding the Eventide H8000FW's Virtual Racks presets in particular. Specific parameter settings would be great.

• Members

mmm ya, Ok...........you'll understand my skepticism, as your rude introduction, doesn't exactly earn respect in the eyes of any, but for trolls, interested in sport trolling.

You came across sounding like the amazing lessons that you could teach regarding tone, the use of gear and playing should have Allan Holdsworth, Guthrie Govan and the who's who of players can be expected as you mentioned we've "heard of your playing".

Can't wait to hear, your mastery. I am always excited to learn something new everyday. I look forward to you unveiling your identity and credentials so as to be able to hear your clips, purchase your CD's, and take your online lessons. I am always trying to improve, as you pointed out, I need it.

Being nowhere near your level not withstanding, I am very interested at hearing your ideas for utilizing the types of gear that I use, so as to better my results, from it as well. Before you say get rid of it, I can turn it off, no problem- I was just hoping to get some of your programming wisdom regarding the Eventide H8000FW's Virtual Racks presets in particular. Specific parameter settings would be great.

SASSY!!1r!

• Members

One thing I think we have to remember and was always a pet pieve with Bradshaw is that some people have a thing against "Racks". A rack is just an enclosure to hold gear and options. It isnt Bradshaws fault that during the 80's probably with too much substance abuse in their veins some great artists tended to turn on everything at once. Also I think that the engineers are more the demons in the washed out buzz saw era.

JS

Posted on another forum, though I thought this was applicable for this thread.

• Members

You could use a $25 analog pedal, and there is NOTHING wrong with that, But there are always guys that can hear the difference and know what a real tape delay does, or a high end digital delay like the 2290 or H8000 and what a real good analog chorus does etc...

Preferences are a widely varied, and it isn't price that makes something good or better, or poor, but the better stuff- does usually reflect in it's sound, features, manufacturing, options, parts & build quality.

• Members

This thread keeps giving. :D

I like the idea of racks, in part at least, especially the switching systems. The thing is, those latest pics there look like they'd be staying put in the studio (with the exception of the one with Framus encased in foam). Nothing wrong with that, but for a large proportion of the players out there it's overkill and impractical. It's too much to lug to 90% for gigs - without roadies. The same applies to oversized pedalboards and I'm guilty of that and have suffered lugging a big roadcase up stairs to shows. That said, most guys with quad boxes are packing too much volume and don't pay attention to the venue they're playing, but that's another issue.

• Members
This thread keeps giving.
:D

I like the idea of racks, in part at least, especially the switching systems. The thing is, those latest pics there look like they'd be staying put in the studio (with the exception of the one with Framus encased in foam). Nothing wrong with that, but for a large proportion of the players out there it's overkill and impractical. It's too much to lug to 90% for gigs - without roadies. The same applies to oversized pedalboards and I'm guilty of that and have suffered lugging a big roadcase up stairs to shows. That said, most guys with quad boxes are packing too much volume and don't pay attention to the venue they're playing, but that's another issue.

Agreed, though for those who are truly interested in their sound, the concessions that are made, in the name of getting their rigs to do what are desired/required, I think would likely surprise those who give reasons why it doesn't make sense, evidence that their objections while notable, don't apply to MANY. The world is bigger than the little box that they want to paint it into. ;)

• Members

Zach, is that your Gretsch Pro Jet? If so, do you have tuning issues with it relating to the Bigsby? I have one just like that, and if I even look at the bar, it goes out of tune.
:freak:
I'd like to try a roller bridge for it, but I'm not sure which one would fit the stud spacing...

No, that isn't my stuff just another of many example of someone else's current rig, that exists.

This however is me and I don't have an issue with it staying in tune. The trick is getting the nut cut right. PS Try Big Bends Nut Sauce.

633216177038415469_X.jpg

zach0ct07a1.JPG

zachoct07.JPG

Archived