* Echoplex

* Theramin

* Pete Cornish Line Drivers

* Herco Plex 75 Picks

* Ernie Ball .009-.042 Strings

* Ernie Ball Earthwood Acoustic Strings

• Members

hehehehe

The point I'd like to make is that rack setups don't have to be elaborate, or expensive, and that guys here have LARGE amounts of money invested in their pedals, as much if not more than lots of "Rack" setups, and IF they are willing to spend the money on their preferred pedal tones, I wonder why wouldn't they want to consider making the most use and getting the best performance out of them.

im an diehard pedal user and keeping them on the floor in front of me is getting the best performance out of them. i tweek knobs flip switches constantly while playing, not just between songs but during songs. and i need to beable to spin a knob or flip a switch with my foot, or bend down and switch a patch cable quickly (on a modular pedal to patch a different lfo or something, not to replace a connecting cable) and i wouldnt be able to do this as quick if the were tucked away in a drawer or AT ALL with rack gear since i would have to scroll through menus and banks and such. and thats why i keep my pedals on the floor.:thu:

• Members

Just a few people who use switching systems that you may have heard of:

Brad Fernquist - Michelle Branch

Steve Vai

Alex Katunich - Incubus

Steve Lukather - Toto

Mike Porcaro - Toto

Kirk Hammett - Metallica

Edward Van Halen - Van Halen

Seal

Warren Cuccurillo - Duran Duran

Dave Mustaine - Megadeth

Marty Friedman - Megadeth

Sammy Hagar

Jeff Golub - Rod Stewart

Michael Schenker - MSG

Prince

Michael Wilton - Queensryche

The Edge - U2

Neil Schon - Journey, Bad English, Soul Sirkus

Peter Frampton

Eddie Martinez - Robert Palmer

Bret Muscat - Faster Pussycat

Nigel Tuften - Spinal Tap

Keith Scott - Bryan Adams

Bob Rock

Tom Delonge - Blink 182

Frank Sullivan - Survivor

Stephan Carpenter - Deftones

Billy Joe Armstrong - Green Day

Bill Champlin - Chicago

Dawayne Bailey - Chicago

John Defaria - Gloria Estefan

Michael Landau - Joni Mitchell, James Taylor

The Offspring

Billy Duffy - The Cult

Richie Sambora - Bon Jovi

Davey Johnstone - Elton John

Lee Ritenour

Tim Mahoney - 311

Gunner Nelson - Nelson

Steve Bruton - Bonnie Raitt

Steve Stevens - Billy Idol, Steve Stevens

Dweezil Zappa

Joe Perry - Aerosmith

Brad Whitford - Aerosmith

Chad Taylor - Live

Mick Mars - Motley Crue

Nikki Sixx - Motley Crue

John Christ - Danzig

Kyle Cook - matchbox twenty

Adam Gaynor - matchbox twenty

J. Mascis - Dinosaur Jr.

Tom Petty

Trey Anastasio - Phish

Joe Holmes

Yngwie Malmsteen

Lenny Kravitz

Walter Becker - Steely Dan

Dave Mason

Steve Miller

Scott Henderson

Blues Saraceno

Steven Segal

Eric Erlandson - Hole

Melissa Auf Der Maur - Hole

Franz Stahl - Foo Fighters

Nigel Pulsford - Bush

Gavin Rosdale - Bush

Babyface

Reb Beach - Winger, Alice Cooper

Roland Grapow - Helloween

Bobby Dall - Poison

Ted Nugent

Vivian Cambell - Def Leppard

Warren Haynes - Gov't Mule

Johnny Rzeznik - Goo Goo Dolls

Don Dokken - Dokken

Paul Pesco - Madonna, Cher

Steve Morse

and many more...

• Members

im an diehard pedal user and keeping them on the floor in front of me is getting the best performance out of them. i tweek knobs flip switches constantly while playing, not just between songs but during songs. and i need to beable to spin a knob or flip a switch with my foot, or bend down and switch a patch cable quickly (on a modular pedal to patch a different lfo or something, not to replace a connecting cable) and i wouldnt be able to do this as quick if the were tucked away in a drawer or AT ALL with rack gear since i would have to scroll through menus and banks and such. and thats why i keep my pedals on the floor.
:thu:

True, BUT... you could still do all of that if you had a 'floor based' switching system, and eliminate your need to re-patch cables and MIDI automate several button presses to a single button press.

yabori_S05-1.jpg

dickey_616_1.jpg

Also, the popular myth that you illustrate is that if it's a rack setup it's gotta be processors...... NOPE...

hisashi_6.jpg

P6140593.jpg

P6140592.jpg

• Members

and yes boys and girls, since your fav rock star heros use a switching system, so must you. Be the same, not different.

Is that what you REALLY think I'm saying? OR Are you just sport trolling again?

Ya, don't be different- use pedals the traditional way... C'mon think man........... think

This isn't saying that one should, it's saying that the option is there. As illustrated just a few posts ago with the popular MYTH, that if it's rack, it must be processors. NOPE...

I am just showing some options

• Members

True, BUT... you could still do all of that if you had a 'floor based' switching system, and eliminate your need to re-patch cables and MIDI automate several button presses to a single button press.

yabori_S05-1.jpg

dickey_616_1.jpg

Also, the popular
myth
that you illustrate is that if it's a rack setup it's gotta be processors...... NOPE...

hisashi_6.jpg

P6140593.jpg

P6140592.jpg

well why dont i get a device to play guitar for me then while we're at. ;) im sure a computer could be programed to play much better than any of us can play. the only thing i would need is a true bypass strip to save wear and tear on my pedals' switched and make tap dancing a lil more close together. but i do understand your point of view. if i was in a super technical band or a more traditional band where the exact same thing was expected every time a midi rig would be great. but it just extra money spent on things i dont need when i can accomplish what i need to accomplish by hand/foot/telepathy. so the money i could spend on a switching system i could just buy more pedals:lol:

EDIT: and i didnt say all racks had to be processors, i mentioned drawers, to put pedals in. i've considered going with racks and switching systems but it just doesnt fit my needs. you have your set up and that works fine for you. you and some others like racks, others like pedals, and others prefer just guitar and amp. its all a matter of what suits the individual and thats that. im not going to convince you to use a floor board, your not going to convince to use racks/switchers. its as simple as that. i'm done debating, time for bed

• Members

the only thing i would need is a true bypass strip to save wear and tear on my pedals' switched and make tap dancing a lil more close together. but i do understand your point of view. if i was in a super technical band or a more traditional band where the exact same thing was expected every time a midi rig would be great. but it just extra money spent on things i dont need when i can accomplish what i need to accomplish by hand/foot/telepathy. so the money i could spend on a switching system i could just buy more pedals:lol:

Absolutely, I understand... Switching systems aren't for everyone. :thu:

Archived