The use of Equipment, putting the BS myths to rest

Zachman

• Members

Way was eFx (http://www.myspace.com/waywas) he a friend of mine and builds me any crazy thing i come up with ..when i have money. great quality pedals, does restorations and mods too. MoogerFoogers, Electro harmonix(even though i curently dont own any). i run a les paul classic (1960 reissue)into a peterson stobo stomp, then ernie ball volume pan, left side to pedals to jc-120, right side to clean reverb/chorus side of roland jc-120. i play mostly "experimental"/shoe-gaze/noise/electronica rooted in blues and jazz.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Way was eFx (
http://www.myspace.com/waywas
) he a friend of mine and builds me any crazy thing i come up with ..when i have money. great quality pedals, does restorations and mods too. MoogerFoogers, Electro harmonix(even though i curently dont own any). i run a les paul classic (1960 reissue)into a peterson stobo stomp, then ernie ball volume pan, left side to pedals to jc-120, right side to clean reverb/chorus side of roland jc-120. i play mostly "experimental"/shoe-gaze/noise/electronica rooted in blues and jazz.

Nice Clean amp w/ nice stereo chorus too, and LP's :love::thu:

• Members

:bor:

right....I understand that a switching system/rack deally may give me more options, including a simple direct in via loop bypass, but; I've been working without said system for over ten years & I'm pretty capable of dialing in my amps to compensate for all the troubled variants. In fact most people dig "my sound" & thus I'ma ble to keep my costs down to the point wherein I can build the same pedal for $50.

No morellos?:poke:

• Members

right....I understand that a switching system/rack deally may give me more options, including a simple direct in via loop bypass, but; I've been working without said system for over ten years & I'm pretty capable of dialing in my amps to compensate for all the troubled variants. In fact most people dig "my sound" & thus I'ma ble to keep my costs down to the point wherein I can build the same pedal for $50.

No morellos?:poke:

Are you under the impression that I am insisting it's a requirement or something?:poke:

wc091.gif

phonicsbldg.jpg

J/K it isn't for everyone, just an option.

• Members

Are you under the impression that I am insisting it's a requirement or something?:poke:

wc091.gif

phonicsbldg.jpg

J/K it isn't for everyone, just an option.

Nope, because requirements are for cover bands. Cerial, the post was in reference to the allusion that a rack set-up is best, by all means. I dion't agree with that & I've doen quite well never really considering the "switching/rack system" as viable option; to produce the best results, by those means. Granted the last guitarist that I played in a band with had a nice little semi-rack (moogs along with a shelf for a few peddlas), combined with midi switching & a very large peddla board. It sounded..... good, but not great, I mentioned that his moog effects should be used with a better amp (50w toob crate 2x12" combo).

• Members

Nope, because requirements are for cover bands. Cerial, the post was in reference to the allusion that a rack set-up is best, by all means. I dion't agree with that & I've doen quite well never really considering the "switching/rack system" as viable option; to produce the best results, by those means. Granted the last guitarist that I played in a band with had a nice little semi-rack (moogs along with a shelf for a few peddlas), combined with midi switching & a very large peddla board. It sounded..... good, but not great, I mentioned that his moog effects should be used with a better amp (50w toob crate 2x12" combo).

Umm, refer to post #1

post example, #11b

;)

hooked_on_phonics.jpg

A switching system will yield results based on quite a few key factors:

The quality of the components it's switching

The quality of the switching system itself

The ability of it's user to dial in tone

The ability of it's user to select the tones appropriately

The ability of the user to select the appropriate devices to switch, to get the results they're going for

Just food for thought... Like I've said a bunch of times already, they aren't for everyone, but they are an option

• Members

Zep didnt really do that much. Seriously they actually caught AC~DC "one song-itus" early on. Tool is the same way. At least the stones changed wrote actual songs, that were different from eachother & had soem sort of era seperation.

Your credibility is seriously question

• Members

Umm, refer to post #1

post example, #11b

;)

hooked_on_phonics.jpg

A switching system will yield results based on quite a few key factors:

The quality of the components it's switching

The quality of the switching system itself

The ability of it's user to dial in tone

The ability of it's user to select the tones appropriately

The ability of the user to select the appropriate devices to switch, to get the results they're going for

Just food for thought... Like I've said a bunch of times already, they aren't for everyone, but they are an option

#1. I didn't re-read #11b, so...

#b. Hooked on phonics? I'm drunk.:wave:

#4. The subjectivity of varies to the point of arguing endlessly on teh intrawebs in vien; when we could just be playing(maybe not at this time of night, but ya know). The underlying theme seems to point towards teh carpenter>tools theory. 10-4.

#3. I'm now interested in midi switching now, but i have no GAS for such such things as I need to throw some money at recording equipment & NOS toobs.

In other news I was recruited for a sludge metal band tonight & I'll probably only use three or four paddles, as most of muh brewtalgainz will come from a booteek Martial clone, Beebaa & a 15"x10" cabinet.

Archived