Summer NAMM Predictions????

tangerine

• Members

Apple Logic Pro 8? I hope so, it is time to release a killer DAW Apple!

Reason 4? Yes I think so!

Roland new Workstation Fantom ? It is time Roland! or killer software synths?

Korg new padKONTROL mk II?

Novation Supernova III? come on Novation!

Kawai new K series? yes please Kawai!!!

Yamaha new AN-3X why not Yamaha! or a new FM synth ala FS1R? come on Yamaha!

:thu:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apple Logic Pro 8? I hope so, it is time to release a killer DAW Apple!

Reason 4? Yes I think so!

Roland new Workstation Fantom ? It is time Roland! or killer software synths?

Korg new padKONTROL mk II?

Novation Supernova III? come on Novation!

Kawai new K series? yes please Kawai!!!

Yamaha new AN-3X why not Yamaha! or a new FM synth ala FS1R? come on Yamaha!

:thu:

If your going to be so on the nose about predictions I'd say expect some dissapointment. I think we might see a new groove box, and maybe a new Novation synth, though I'd think it'd probably be more in line with their current offerings than the Supernova. I'd say more computer interrgration in whatever, and new software protection system that blows up your computer if you try to use it in a song, without express permission from Christ and Buhdda.

I wouldn't mind seeing a four oscillator VA that doubles as a four operator FM synth utilizing samples to some degree. Sort of like a four oscillator Nord wave with Yamaha style FM algorithims, or whatever the hell you call those things with all the squiglly lines going into that wierd crap.

If Kawai releases a new additive synth I'll eat my hat, but it'd be less shocking for me to see an additive synth employed in a multi synth engine deal like the Oasys, Fusion, or Solaris. Not those synths specifaclly, but something like them somewhere down the line.

• Members

It sure would be NICE if Roland let us know what was in store. Then I'd know whether to hold off on purchase of an XS. However this is quite unlikely ad Winter Namm is keyboard announcement time.

Unless of course Roland recognizes the current frenzy of upgraders and makes a shrewd move!

• Members

DD65.jpg

The Yamaha DD65 drum module should start shipping next month so it'll be getting some NAMM attention. I plan on getting one for my studio to use as a programming tool but it looks like fun to play around with too. Street price around $210.

• Members

How about the manufacturers shipping the products they announced last Winter NAMM?

We can go one step better - at Winter NAMM 2006 CME announced the VX series of controller. Last Summer NAMM 2006 CME announced that they were shipping. The CME VX's actually hit the shelves in the US just this past spring.

Don't believe anything 'til you see it.

• Members

Apple most likely won't show anything new at Summer NAMM. As for the new Logic, do a Google search and you can read all about the rumors, good and bad.

Some of them are even true.

Roland typically waits until Winter NAMM to release flagship products (as do most major synth manufacturers). Even if a new Fantom is ready to ship, they'll probably just wait and keep tweaking until January.

• Members

Audacity:

I WISH that Roland (Boss) would come out with a Drum Machine like the DR880 with an internal backup device. How much more could it add to the cost? a 100 bucks or so? From what I'm seein', I'd have to buy an Akai MPC, and I'd have to get at least the MPC 1000, which is kinda overkill for using as a beat box. Not to mention, its a grand.

Mike T.

Archived