Summer NAMM Predictions????

tangerine

• Members

I think we should all hold off on buying anything until the very latest version that does everything we've ever dreamed AND accounts for all possible future desires hits the market ON TIME.

And I think every manufacturer should put out the ultimate version of every type of keyboard for less than four hundred bucks, so those folks rooting for their home team maker can finally be satisfied.

It sure would be NICE if Roland let us know what was in store. Then I'd know whether to hold off on purchase of an XS. However this is quite unlikely ad Winter Namm is keyboard announcement time.

Unless of course Roland recognizes the current frenzy of upgraders and makes a shrewd move!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even if a new Fantom is ready to ship, they'll probably just wait and keep tweaking until January.

Tweaking would be good. Both the Fantom S and X were released before they were ready. Especially the X which required new motherboards!

• Members

Audacity:

I WISH that Roland (Boss) would come out with a Drum Machine like the DR880 with an internal backup device. How much more could it add to the cost? a 100 bucks or so?

$100 can make all the difference between a hit product or a flop. People used to complain that the Fantom X didn't come stock with the max 512MB of RAM ("What! I can only record audio for three minutes! This thing is worthless!") and a 1GB CF card, but that'd add $200 to the price of a keyboard that has to compete with other products.

If a knob costs a manufacturer 30

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Novation will release a box with 1 analog out that does absolutely nothing.

Yamaha will release the "FYSG Motif". FYSG standing for F#@$ You Synth Geeks, but it will have 12 simultaneous arps per patch.

Waldorf presenting a working Stromberg.

Dave Smith presenting a mockup of the Boom Chick.

More likely the other way around.

Most likey we'll get to see the V-Synth GT, more non-functional waldorf pipe dreams, and more crappy controllers.

• Members

We can go one step better - at Winter NAMM 2006 CME announced the VX series of controller. Last Summer NAMM 2006 CME announced that they were shipping. The CME VX's actually hit the shelves in the US just this past spring.

Don't believe anything 'til you see it.

IM buying a vx8!!

• Members
It will be in Austin...

It will be in July...

It will be FREAKIN HOT....

Beyond that, I have no idea.... all I know is I am gonna go sit next to the Ac vent and stay cool
:D

I have to modify my prediction... it may just be REALLY HOT, and based on the current weather it may be very very wet.

• Members

I predict Apple will buyout all synth manufacturers, cease all keyboard production and come out with the iSynth which fits in your pocket and must be played with your thumbs using two small thumb wheels (sorry no programming, presets only) and all the Apple nerds will scream "Steve's a freaking genius".

PS. I also predict I will win the lottery this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I predict mayhem, black masses and occult orgies, but that's just in general. In regards to NAMM, maybe a groove box that gives you an electric shock whenever it senses you might be making some dumb clichaed shyt.

if they had that, then everyone who has ever played on a rap song will get killed.

I SUPPORT THAT UNIT!

• Members

1- A lot more soft synths that will require 8 hours of installation time, more cpu drain, and the latency issues we have all come to enjoy
2- Even more watered down version of synths that were heading in the right directions but the manufacturers wanted to sell more units so they stripped anything that was cool or "pro" out of them.
3- Pro Tools 9 will come out- and look and sound exactly the same, even though the folx at Avid will try to convince you of what you are missing not recording in 128 bit audio and 1056 kHs sampling rate.Of course you will need to trade in your exisitng HD3 rig( at a 300% loss) so they can swap the faceplates. The guts will be the same though. You'll still need to get some good converters and a big ben, fast drives, RAM, and expansion chasis.

• Members

if they had that, then everyone who has ever played on a rap song will get killed.

I SUPPORT THAT UNIT!

I support you getting the living {censored} kicked out of you and sodomized by the 5 large men participating in said robbery. I also support a twofer if you have a significant other. if only for the garbage electro/techno/new agey {censored} your sorry ass likely spends your day making. oh lordy. now i went and stooped to your level and made myself just as petty, ignorant, and foolish as you. but i'm ok with that.

Archived