Summer NAMM Predictions????

tangerine

• Members

I predict nvidia graphics cards for the musicians:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda.html

GPUs more cheap and powerfull than a lot of uads or tc powercores

(VSTs running thanks to GPUs like a monster of dsp Bought in the shop of my street)

False! it is not a predict it is real!
:D
:D:D:D:D:D

Ive allways wondered of the streaming processing architecture of high end GPUs would be well suited to computing audio streams for plugins...

Trouble is the latency of current PCI/PCIx DSP cards can be a pain in the ass at times, but could see it working well if plug-in buffers could reside on I/O memory as well as main memory - probably need some changes to VST and equiv APIs to work well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I hope Roland shows something about the fantom x sucessor (if any :)). Personally, I've been waiting to see their response to the M3 and the XS before I go out and buy, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out ..... :D

• Members

Well, I hope Roland shows something about the fantom x sucessor (if any
:)
). Personally, I've been waiting to see their response to the M3 and the XS before I go out and buy, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out .....
:D

until Winter NAMM 2008 ... personally, I'd wait if you can ... but then again, if the Big Three prove they're in lockstep again, judging by the XS and M3, the improvements will be incremental (but I sure hope not) ...

Archived