TV signal lost while watching Lost, can someone fill me in?

EvilSoup

• Members

It's all stormy here tonight and my satellite screwed up the signal halfway through the Lost finale for about 20 minutes.

It was right when Sun was yelling on the helicopter to go and get Jin off the ship right before it exploded, then it skipped all the way when Jack and the gang were on a raft right when they found Penny's boat.

I wiki'd the episode but there isn't much information on it. I'm probably going to have to wait a week for the show to be streamable on the abc.com website. :(

Can someone fill in the blanks for me? What happened with John and Ben? :confused:

:wave::cry:

• Members

John and Ben get closer. Jack rows the boat towards John and Ben who have stripped. Jack is confused and ends up joining in! Pennies boat is later stolen.

haha

you wouldn't believe it. Jack ends up crying. Man, you need to watch it. We know who is in the coffin in LA.

• Members

spoiler alert*********

Ben moved the island and it disappeared right in front of the helicopter that was taking the oceanic 6 and desmond back to the island because the boat had blown up with jin and michael on it.

Locke takes over and richard says, welcome home john. Then it flashes to the guys that nose dived into the ocean on the helicopter. They find a boat and penny is on it. blah blah blah. a week later the oceanic six get on the raft and paddle towards some island.

Jack is crying over something 3 years later and breaks into the funeral home where no one visits the guy who is in the casket. Ben pops up says some psycho babble and tells jack everyone has to go back to the island, even him (pointing to the open casket). The camera pans over the casket and the guy in the casket is...

John Locke.

• Members

the finale was lame as hell.

Just like 80% of this season.

Agreed. Lost has lost (pun intended) its mystique after 4 seasons and continuing into a 5th. They should've ended at 2 to 3 tops so its still fascinating. Now it seems that it just keeps dragging on just to fulfill the x # of seasons it promised.

• Members

Agreed. Lost has lost (pun intended) its mystique after 4 seasons and continuing into a 5th. They should've ended at 2 to 3 tops so its still fascinating. Now it seems that it just keeps dragging on just to fulfill the x # of seasons it promised.

I mean, yeah...

Kind of. But there is a lot of stuff that has been half assed answered and some other things that are just shown and then ignored forever.

Like wtf with Claire..

Is that just a casting thing? Is she wanting more money? more money for scenes? wtf..

I just wish they could explain things instead of introducing something in one episode and then not return to that concept for 3 more episodes and only spend 10 min in the episode explaining anything about it.

I understand there are a lot of minor characters being developed and everything but man.

All i can say is... For a 2 hour season finale.. That was lame as hell. Nothing was finalized.

I mean yeah... Orchid this, merc dead, ship blew up, middle ties of oc6, possible future situations... But wtf thats all that this season was... Possibilities of the future. There were only maybe 2 episodes of any kind of progress... And then they would end after going into that scene for 5 min.

• Members

Let's not forget the writers strike.

Also I read this article about the cast and stuff and things went on like the guy who played Eko just really didn't like being in Hawaii all that time which is the reason he's not in it anymore. It's a shame that Lost isn't the perfect series, imagined in whole from the beginning with a 100% committed cast but hey, go write a better story if you're that bothered.

• Members

I mean, yeah...

Kind of. But there is a lot of stuff that has been half assed answered and some other things that are just shown and then ignored forever.

Like wtf with Claire..

Is that just a casting thing? Is she wanting more money? more money for scenes? wtf..

I just wish they could explain things instead of introducing something in one episode and then not return to that concept for 3 more episodes and only spend 10 min in the episode explaining anything about it.

I understand there are a lot of minor characters being developed and everything but man.

All i can say is... For a 2 hour season finale.. That was lame as hell. Nothing was finalized.

I mean yeah... Orchid this, merc dead, ship blew up, middle ties of oc6, possible future situations... But wtf thats all that this season was... Possibilities of the future. There were only maybe 2 episodes of any kind of progress... And then they would end after going into that scene for 5 min.

ironically, all the things you hate about lost are all the reasons i still like it. the show has never been about resolving things, that's the beauty of it--it just opens up more/bigger mysteries, which may or may not get resolved later.

for the most part the show has been fairly consistent and has followed a general story arc. while some of it is annoying needless filler--alot of it is filler that just hasn't become relevant yet. like the 3-toed statue at the end of season 2 (?). they haven't touched that yet, but i'm sure they will.

anyhow, that's why i like lost--because it's the fun of putting together a puzzle with no reference picture to try to follow. they just give you a piece and it's up to you to put it all together.

the part i despise is the ridiculous wait between seasons, breaks during seasons etc. just film the {censored}ing {censored} and get it over with.

• Members

I LOVE LOST .... still.

I think this season fell peril to the same 'middle of the series' woes that a lot of trilogies are prone to. I mean... we're at the end of the middle in the series right now, and there's a lot of questions left to be answered. I mean, I know I wasn't the only one who was pissed about the end of the 2nd LOTR & Matrix movies. Why? Because I felt so unresolved.

Look at it this way -- the producers have said that they view LOST in 3 parts -- beginning, middle, end -- and next season is the beginning of the end. (Sorry for the clich

• Members
I LOVE LOST .... still.

I think this season fell peril to the same 'middle of the series' woes that a lot of trilogies are prone to. I mean... we're at the end of the middle in the series right now, and there's a lot of questions left to be answered. I mean, I know I wasn't the only one who was pissed about the end of the 2nd LOTR & Matrix movies. Why? Because I felt so unresolved.

Look at it this way -- the producers have said that they view LOST in 3 parts -- beginning, middle, end -- and next season is the beginning of the end. (Sorry for the clich

• Members

Yeah, it's good stuff. When they showed that weird room with the wheel to move the Island, and those runes on the wall, it made me think of that 3-toed foot.

No kidding. That was just strange..... sorta answers why Ben ended up in the desert in a parka though.

But WTF is John doing going by another name and in a casket?

• Members

I haven't seen most of Season 4, and I like spoilers, they don't really spoil it for me somehow, because it never looks like how you'd imagine anyway.

Anyway, there's no way they'd kill off John Locke. Something must be up.

• Members

No kidding. That was just strange..... sorta answers why Ben ended up in the desert in a parka though.

But WTF is John doing going by another name and in a casket?

Locke was adopted, so one of those names is his birth name, (I think Jeramy, whatever they had on the casket) and the other is his adopted name. It could be one way or the other.

Archived