TV signal lost while watching Lost, can someone fill me in?

EvilSoup

• Members

But WTF is John doing going by another name and in a casket?

my guess--locke (like ben before him) has the ability to go to and from island. he goes back to try to convince the oceanic 6 that they need to go back. he uses an alias--the same way ben does with all his passports. my guess to how locke dies is that he was killed by widmore. locke goes to Sun to try to convince her to come back to the island. she doesn't trust locke and basically betrays him to widmore (giving him his alias, location, whatever). just my guess--i could be wrong....but i was {censored}ing right about it being Locke in the casket--that was my guess from day 1, booya mutha{censored}az.

• Members

Anyway, there's no way they'd kill off John Locke. Something must be up.

i think we're going to find out a helluva lot more about the island itself in season V. ben told locke that the Others/Hostiles (ie Richard Alpert) would tell him everything he wanted to know. we all know that locke has a {censored}-ton of questions about the island...if he gets half of those questions answered, it will reveal quite a bit.

• Members

i think we're going to find out a helluva lot more about the island itself in season V. ben told locke that the Others/Hostiles (ie Richard Alpert) would tell him everything he wanted to know. we all know that locke has a {censored}-ton of questions about the island...if he gets half of those questions answered, it will reveal quite a bit.

Tis true. And good point. :thu:

• Members

another thing to consider--seems maybe obvious--but Ben was chosen as the leader of the island and is now banished, Locke took his place but is now dead...so who's running the island?

the others/hostiles are definitely servants of the island--but they don't seem to be able to operate without a leader/communicate with jacob/etc.

so another point of speculation might be--if ben can't return, and locke is dead, Hurley is only other one (i guess claire too) who can see the cabin/communicate with jacob...maybe he'll be the third 'leader'?

• Members

No way for Hurley...

The reason they have to take Locke back is so they can bring him back to life.

The island healed him once, and it will again...

Also, the answers are coming! Just like crxsh said, this is the beginning of the answers.

I'm excited about figuring out WHAT the island is! 8 months away though... boo!

• Members

No way for Hurley...

The reason they have to take Locke back is so they can bring him back to life.

The island healed him once, and it will again...

Also, the answers are coming! Just like crxsh said, this is the beginning of the answers.

I'm excited about figuring out WHAT the island is! 8 months away though... boo!

yeah, that was my first thought. john ain't permanently dead.

• Members

what the {censored} Richard Alpert is Ram Das a spiritual guru who was a phd that was involved in the acid tests back in the day you can see his video's on youtube. how is Richard alpert involved in lost or is someone just a fan and put him in there.

• Members

alot of the characters of lost have names of notable people:

John Locke

Rousseau

D(esmond) Hume

Uh..... thanks. :rolleyes:

Don't forget about Charlotte Staples Lewis, Mikhail Bakunin, Richard Alpert & Edmund Burke.

Archived