If it weren't for hcfx...

DanJep

• Members

yes, if it wasn't for HCFX I'd still be buying boutique pedals.

HCFX has made me realise that there are just as good pedals in the non-boutique and DIY markets. Before I came here I would have turned my nose up at a Boss OD, a dod delay, a diy boost etc.

Coming here has saved me a fortune, I was stupid and naive before....I just presumed all these expensive boutique pedals were better.

• Members

I already knew about Analogman, Keeley, Fulltone, HBE and ZVex because our local shops sell them and/or I heard about them because famous people play them. Otherwise no I wouldn't know about most of the stuff we talk about on here.

• Members

I don't think it would make much difference. I think my only "boutique" pedal is my Sunface. Otherwise, I'm using an E-H envelope filter most of the time (either a Dr. Q or Mini-Q-tron), a BYOC Tri-boost, an E-H Stereo Pulsar, and a DMM. Otherwise, I have old vintage stuff, and random things I've found in pawnshops and whatnot. I was into E-H stuff before there was a harmony-central, since I got my old Small Stone in a pawn shop when I was about 16.:idk:

• Members

I was into the booteek stuff before HCFX.

But this is the greatest enabler I've come across.

Its the SPAM thread that kills me.

I was aware of analogman before HCFX, but I'm not sure if I was back before the forum split into categories, or if the "Harmony Central Guitar Forum", as it used to be, made me aware of them, or not. I'm thinking that was about '96-ish, so it's hard to say.:idk:

• Members

I was wondering how people found out about different amps, pedals and guitars before the internet. Without it, you're limited to what you can find at your local music shops and magazines. I had never really heard of boutique pedals before I came here, I just went around to the different shops and looked at what they had. Funny thing is, things like ProGuitarShop Demos are just now starting to emerge. It is definitely a new era in pedals and equipment. I'm glad to embrace it, but it sure is addictive. Talk about cyber-crack. ;)

Hey, I just past post 420 and didn't even notice it :p

• Members

HCFX really helped me a lot with research. I'm not really into the expensive $200+ pedals. I found so many $120-$180 pedals that are of such higher quality, there's no reason to pay more.

I wish I would have paid more attention sooner, could have avoided some mistakes.

I deffinitely wouldn't have a Barber LTD without HCFX, and that's probably one of my 4 favorite pedals right now.

• Members

Since joining HCFX, I've learned quite a lot about effects in general, and signal paths, and DIY... I never even heard of booteek pedals. I just went with what was at GC, which is not always a good thing. Anyway, HCFX has helped me a lot. I'm definitely a better player, and I get inspired more by different influences.

I want to thank this opportunity to say thank you to everyone I've interacted with. I love you guys. *sniff* Sorta.

Archived