Jay Z at Glasto is quality

Loobs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks! :)

I just feel really old watching Glastonbury now, it makes me sad. I know it's all subjective, and I've never been when I'm sure it's all aces if you're there, stumbling about on acid looking for Hawkwind etc, but it just gets steadily less watchable as a TV event every year.

The Verve tonight apparently? Hmm. I think given the choice of second-rate ninteies guitar bands I'd genuinely rather see Kula Shaker.

• Members

i think i might actually try and go next year.

just to see what it's like in person cos i'm fairly positive i'll never bother my arse going to t in the park again.

i can't imagine there being a better way to be a deviant scumbag the same weekend that the school year finishes up.:D

no chance of bumping into a swarth of my pupils like at T in the park too :thu:

• Members

I think I'm the only person in the universe that isn't fussed by Biffy Clyro.....

When I first saw them, years and years ago. (must have been around 2001/2002) I thought they were the best live band I had seen for a long time.....they really blew me away, but I never really liked the recordings....Blackened Sky and virtigo were ok, but after that I thought it was all a bit, meh.

• Members

I actually think the line-up isn't that bad. I'm sure I'd be having a ball if I was there. People always moan way too much. Sure it could be better, but it's not that bad.

I think it's reflective of how the traditional sources that pushed more alternative acts into the mainstream have gone since the mid 90's. NME's become a lump of corporate {censored} (love the relaunch that happened recently... it wants to be an authority on music so is reviewing old albums. Ha!) that now apologises for pushing things like Godspeed You Black Emperor. Radio 1 has pushed away a lot of the alternative stuff. I'm positive that John Peel would have been forced off of Radio 1 had he lived longer. You see Glastonbury slowly become more and more homogenous in terms of the acts it has.

• Members

Tonight's Glastonbury is The Verve's penultimate chance in my book, followed only by the album and I have no hopes for either event in all honesty. They were poor when I saw them live a while back and the single is even bloody worse.

Anyone know what time they're on, where I can see it on tv?

• Members

Tonight's Glastonbury is The Verve's penultimate chance in my book, followed only by the album and I have no hopes for either event in all honesty. They were poor when I saw them live a while back and the single is even bloody worse.

Anyone know what time they're on, where I can see it on tv?

i actually like the single.

as for when you can see it...

i'd imagine it'll be on around 10ish on bbc3 or 4 and you'll get a smattering of their stuff on the extended highlights on bbc2 whenever that starts.

• Members

^cheers. I'll look out for it after the footie. I think the new single sounds very much like an Ashcroft solo release and that's exactly what I didn't want it to be, ah well.

Kings of Leon didn't seem to get as much coverage as Jay Z, wonder how much we'll see from The Verve's set tonight.

• Members

{censored} I just watched Panic At The Disco and they seemed great. I've always rated them head and shoulder above those otherbands they get grouped with, but that new albumlive is brilliant. doubt they'll get repeated though, which is a shame.

• Members

Anyone tht says that hasn't listened to either album.

I have, both actually, ad naseum working in HMV. They sound totally interchangeable with Fall Out Boy, at least their first album (PATD that is).

Archived