Jay Z at Glasto is quality

Loobs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has there ever been a worse Glastonbury? I feel Glastonbury reflects the quality of music in this country. You won't like everyone who plays but you can see there's some {censored}ing talent and ability out there. When you have cheers going out for a {censored}ing waster like Pete Doherty and then see Amy Winehouse play the sort of gig that deserves bottles of piss thrown at her, you get worried. You then look to the smaller stages and you realise how {censored}ing awful British music is right now. The first Glastonbury that stuck in my mind was 1994. Oasis on the small stage, Boo Radleys being awesome...

Just check out some of that 1994 lineup on the two main stages:

The (not really a) Pyramid Stage featured (in no particular order): Ride, Rage Against the Machine, Saint Etienne, Jah Wobble's Invaders of the Heart, Nick Cave, The Levellers, Paul Weller, James, World Party, Spin Doctors, Elvis Costello, Galliano, Mary Black, Tindersticks, Peter Gabriel and others.

The N.M.E. Stage was the 'second' stage this year. Performers included (in no particular order) Beastie Boys, Boo Radleys, Manic Street Preachers (uttering their infamous call for a bypass thru the site), The Pretenders, Echobelly, Oasis, Chumbawamba, Pulp, Radiohead, Blur, Spiritualized, African Headcharge, Transglobal Underground, Senser, M People, Bj

• Members

Yeah, P Stage is what i looked at and didn't like.

On Friday I wouldhave seen
Panic At The Disco We Are Scientists Foals Vampire Weekend
The Rascals

Lupe Fiasco

The Cribs
MGMT
The Ting Tings
The Young Knives
Lightspeed Champion
Hadouken!

Franz Ferdinand
Dizzee Rascal
The Duke Spirit Operator Please
Santogold

So yeah, that's just one day...{censored} Reading Though. and I still mean that

• Members

I'm a strong believer that if you listen to the amount of music that us lot do, it really doesn't matter about the line-up for Glastonbury- sure, Winehouse is there for the people who want her, but the beauty of Glasto is the sheer variety of music (15+ dance stages alone!) You are ALWAYS bound to stumble on something amazing. It's about variety and experience.

• Members

{censored} I hate Hot Chip. That guys voice seriously irritates me. And the new album is horrendous.

The Hot Chip singer sounds like the old pedophile bloke on Family Guy (well, he does to me). Every time i hear Hot Chip i imagine that creepy old duffer singing it.

How the hell that band decided on him as a singer i'll never know.

Archived