I'm Fat.

seifukusha

• Members
Awesome! Way to put one foot in front of the other.
:thu:

Make sure to not overdo it the first week or so though. Just have fun with it and start getting used to making it a part of your daily routine. That's the key for long term success.

Ok, I think I fixed that image. I hope to see some REAL improvements in a week!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think if you can find exercise you enjoy it will do a lot for you. Like instead of just running laps or going on a regiment maybe try your hand at some recreational sports or take a couple martial arts classes. That way your not concentrating on the work out but just playing a game with others.

• Members

at one point I was 181lbs at 5 ft 7, I always just played basketball for exercise and ate whatever I wanted, but after 30 things change and it's up to you if you want to change w/ it or let it go. I decided to change, stopped drinking soda, split my one meal into 3 and started to actually work out at the gym... crunches, weights , all that {censored}, within 3 months I was back near my high school weight of 140lbs. That was 4 years ago, I'm at 143 now so the weight hasn't gotten back on, but I still exercise like crazy and have a routine and I only eat 2 meals a day instead of 3 but I do eat pretty much whatever I want in those 2 meals. I will say this, you will feel so much better, physically and mentally if you can lose the weight. You have way more energy on a moment to moment basis and you appreciate your weight more because you earned it. And it's another thing that's hard to to that you've accomplished.
Find a sport that you like.. racquetball, soccor, whatever.. if you are a competitive person this'll make the cardio way easier, do that 3 times a week and work out an hour a day 4 times a week and cut your meals to a third of what they are , drink lots of cold water and coffee and within weeks the pounds will start melting off, after that it's easy to stay motivated. Good luck.

• 5 months later...
  • Members
and I just cant get off my ass to start exercising. I have never been into sports or exercise. I dont eat alot of calories, but it seems to creep up and add a pound or two every year. I wont say how much i way cause i dont want this to turn into comparison/insult fest. Im just desperate to get off my ass and start exercise

and its just not catching my interest.

Im really sick of this. Im 100% sure this is what I need to do.

Please, someone give me some ideas/story.

man..im really feeling it lately..

I hear you. For me the key was finding an exercise I actually enjoyed doing.

I got a membership at my local YMCA and they have all kinds of activities besides just lifting weights and stationary bike.

I take Tai Chi lessons, Swim and play racquetball. I forgot how much I enjoyed swimming. Now I go twice a day. :)

• Members

haha i quit smoking this year and started jogging 3 times a week! Works perfect so far...! Just get your ass up and jog around some japanese Skyscrapers and stop eating/drinking sweet stuff and you will loose weight really soon...!!!!

• Members

haha i quit smoking this year and started jogging 3 times a week! Works perfect so far...! Just get your ass up and jog around some japanese Skyscrapers and stop eating/drinking sweet stuff and you will loose weight really soon...!!!!

+1:thu: First is necessary eliminate every sugar excess (drink, sweets,condiments and so on), a correct diet(poor in fats,lot of vegetables,fish) and 15-20 min waliking per day makes you loose more weight than any crappy diet or pill or what else {censored}ty chem invent to {censored} people over!

• Members

For me the key was finding an exercise I actually enjoyed doing.

I recently joined a Karate dojo with some friends and I'm starting to get into it. You don't realise how much of a work out you are doing when you're trying to not get kicked in the face. You do afterwards though. Then you start to enjoy it.

Re diet: I also do some straight fitness tranning with my housemates and a personal trainer (it's not for everyone). He says (and he knows his {censored}) follow a strict diet 6 days of the week, not a 'fad' diet, but one you can maintain (a dietician can help you here). No saturated fats, less oils, sugar etc. lots of fish, chicken, salad and such. Then on the 7th day of the week (Sunday if you want). Eat whatever you like. I mean go nuts. Gorge on KFC and chocolate and drink nothing but beer and coke all day.

Then repeat indefinitely, 6 days 'on' and 1 day off. He reckons by the end of the 2nd (ymmv) 'day-off' you will be craving a salad and a glass of ice water.

Oh and don't drink orange juice, eat oranges.

YMMV of course.

• Members

i used to be a pretty big guy. lost over 100 lbs in the past 2 years. partially due to my metabolism changing 'cause of some health issues and being on new medication, but the main thing i did was get a really active dog, my australian-shepherd Ellie-Lou. She's the best thing that ever happened to me. totally forced me to go out and be active with her and made it really fun doing it. so i lost a ton of weight and gained a new best friend. double win. :thu:

i also got a wii fit recently because i was actually went from being overweight to underweight. been doing strength training and stuff with it. i'm not sure if its gonna keep me hooked but at least for now i'm really enjoying it. my virtual physical trainer is a virtual hottie. i wanna get her digits. :lol:

• Members

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread but I'd say find something you like to do that requires physical activity. I like to play tennis (even though I absolutely suck at it) but it requires you to run around and before you know it your sweating and not really thinking about it. Something like that works because your not really focusing on the fact that your exercising, more on the fact that you have to get to the ball to get it back over the net. Riding a bike is good but you have to put some effort in. You can't just coast everywhere. Pick a place where you can see some new scenery rather than just riding your block. Obviously you have to eat right. Also when you eat can be as important as what you eat. Don't eat too late at night. Also drink lots of water. If your drinking sodas or sweetened tea, that's a huge calorie intake. As far as actually getting up and doing it, that has to be up to you. Good luck.

• Members

1. Drink water rather than cola and fruit juices.

2. Stop eating meat and cheeses.

3. Read a book or watch TV while riding an exercise bike so you're not "exercising" per se, you're just doing something while watching TV...go ahead and pop EJ's Hot Licks DVD in.

4. If you're numbers oriented, start counting calories and each day calculate how many calories you lost (i.e., calories burned - calories eaten = weight loss). I dropped 15 pounds in 2 months doing this.

5. Lift light weights...burns fats, tones the body, and causes the body to work while you sleep (i.e., burn calories) to repair the muscle damage (i.e., strengthening).

It is surprising what effect little steps can have...good luck

• Members

I' ve never been fat, but I started to be concerned with my shape being huger that it used to be. I also has a huge stomach, so I didn't want to go for the kind of diets that make you eat a little and always feel hungry.

For me, the way to go was eating non-caloric things. I've never been into snacks and sodas, but you have to pay attention to oil salt and all this stuff.

I usually eat rice for lunch and meat for dinner, not too much oil and not too much salt, but you don't want to avoid 'em completely. If you eat outside every now and then it's not a problem either. If you feel your stomach empty just eat some vegetables, carrots tastes good even if you don't put oil and salt on them, you can eat a ton of those and not worry about putting on not even a little weight. If you're hungry don't go for snacks.

It's that simple.

Archived