I'm Fat.

seifukusha

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's one of the dumbest things anyone has ever said on this forum.

Yes,
this
forum:facepalm:

Oh really? You think that some how eating less will not help with a weight problem?

You're a genius I bet.

Or, you think our early ancestors all ate three squares a day do you? Well in this case too, you are mistaken.

The dumbest thing you say? Well, I'll leave you to be the expert on dumb.

• Members

Oh really? You think that some how eating less will not help with a weight problem?

You're a genius I bet.

Or, you think our early ancestors all ate three squares a day do you? Well in this case too, you are mistaken.

Yes and no.

Yes: eating less will help you lose weight.

No: having less meals will not help you lose weight (and keep it off)

It's a metabolism thing, your body is smart. If you skip meals and refuse to eat when your body needs to be fed, you are teaching your body that it must prepare for going without food. ie it will want to store it when it can, to save it for when you don't eat. Making fat cells.

You may lose weight, but it will become more difficult to lose and easier to put back on in the long run.

More meals a day, as many as 5 or more of small portions but eating the right foods at the right time.

• Members

anyone remember that foster farms commercial with the 2 chicken puppets and one of them was rather obese and the other one shoved a vacuum extension tube up his ass and he lost a bunch of weight in under a minute? hold on, im going to check if its on youtube.

edit: nope, its not...

• Members

Your butt is wide, well mine is too

Just watch your mouth or I'll sit on you

The word is out, better treat me right

'Cause I'm the king of cellulite

Ham on, ham on, ham on whole wheat, all right

My zippers bust, my buckles break

I'm too much man for you to take

The pavement cracks when I fall down

I've got more chins than Chinatown

Well, I've never used a phone booth

And I've never seen my toes

When I'm goin' to the movies

I take up seven rows

Because I'm fat, I'm fat, come on

(Fat, fat, really really fat)

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, come on you know

Don't you call me pudgy, portly or stout

Just now tell me once again who's fat

When I walk out to get my mail

It measures on the Richter scale

Down at the beach I'm a lucky man

I'm the only one who gets a tan

If I have one more pie a la mode

I'm gonna need my own zip code

When you're only having seconds

I'm having twenty-thirds

When I go to get my shoes shined

I gotta take their word

Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it you know

And my shadow weighs forty-two pounds

Lemme tell you once again who's fat

If you see me comin' your way

Better give me plenty space

If I tell you that I'm hungry

Then won't you feed my face

Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know

Woo woo woo, when I sit around the house

I really sit around the house

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, come on

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know it

You know, you know, you know, come on

And you know all by myself I'm a crowd

Lemme tell you once again

You know I'm huge, I'm fat, you know it

You know I'm fat, you know, hoo

You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know

And the whole world knows I'm fat and I'm proud

Just tell me once again who's fat

• Members

Then on the 7th day of the week (Sunday if you want). Eat whatever you like. I mean go nuts. Gorge on KFC and chocolate and drink nothing but beer and coke all day.

Of course that will slow you down dramatically. There's not much point in depriving yourself all week, only to undo it all on day 7.

The good thing is, after your body adapts to a healthy diet, KFC and chocolate won't seem nearly as appetizing as they once did.

• Members

You're a genius I bet.

Skipping a meal doesn't mean eating less, and who wants to go around hungry and weak all day. You'll have a much easier time of it if you just make sure you eat a good variety of low fat foods in moderation throughout the day, than starving yourself for 10 hours.

• Members

Skipping a meal doesn't mean eating less, and who wants to go around hungry and weak all day. You'll have a much easier time of it if you just make sure you eat a good variety of low fat foods in moderation throughout the day, than starving yourself for 10 hours.

This is ridiculous, you guys are extremists. You take in too many calories, period. "Starving yourself for 10 hours" this a joke right? Have you ever gone 10 hours in your life with out eating? It has nothing to do with Starving and has everything to do with supplying your body with the calories that it needs to function properly and no more. If you eat like a pig for three meals a day, cutting one of these meals out will go a long way towards bringing your body in balance. And I assure you, you wont "starve", ...give me a break.

The idea of eating 5 little baby meals a day is a joke too. This turns food into some neurotic obsession, 5x a day, ridiculous, who has time for that? Eat two good meals a day, get off your ass an do something like ride a bike an hour or two a week, and your weight problems will disappear, period.

The heart of the matter is that all to often we look at food as entertainment rather than what it is, nourishment and medicine for the body.

As soon as you stop looking at food as entertainment you'll be a lot better off.

• Members

This is ridiculous, you guys are extremists. You take in too many calories, period. "Starving yourself for 10 hours" this a joke right? Have you ever gone 10 hours in your life with out eating? It has nothing to do with Starving and has everything to do with supplying your body with the calories that it needs to function properly and
no more
. If you eat like a pig for three meals a day, cutting one of these meals out will go a long way towards bringing your body in balance. And I assure you, you wont "starve", ...give me a break.

The idea of eating 5 little baby meals a day is a joke too. This turns food into some neurotic obsession, 5x a day, ridiculous, who has time for that? Eat two good meals a day, get off your ass an do something like ride a bike an hour or two a week, and your weight problems will disappear, period.

The heart of the matter is that all to often we look at food as entertainment rather than what it is, nourishment and medicine for the body.

As soon as you stop looking at food as entertainment you'll be a lot better off.

I agree with you that the calorie intake is the most important factor, but the number of meals per day is imortant too. I feel way more healthy now when I'm eating five times per day. Spreading you energy intake out more evenly over the course of the day is way more healthy for your body compared to stuffing ourself with all the calories you need at once. I'm not talking about five cooked meals of course, but a sandwich and a cup of coffee between breakfast and lunch, and something similiar in the middle of the afternoon too.

Why, oh why doesn't the concept of fika exist in any other language besides Swedish?

• Members

RoboPimp advice is always good advice

It doesn't matter when you eat, how much you eat, how many meals you break it up into or how much water you drink (NO medical support for drinking X amount of water daily - it's a myth)

You eat less food you lose weight.

Yeah but weight does not equal fat. In fact, if you cut your meals down to one a day, you're mainly losing muscle mass and not the fat. The body is a messed up system that doesn't think the same way we do. We'd think that if we stopped eating that the body would go directly to its fat stores for energy. Sounds feasible and logical, right? Well, it doesn't. Muscle is more readily available and has more energy. Your body uses muscle fiber first. So, in effect, you just lose muscle weight, become weak, and the detrimental effect of losing muscle compared to fat in that advice is that it also adversely affects your entire body, including your bone mass, the drain on your immune system, and so on.

When you starve yourself you send your body into starvation mode, which forces it to eat muscle instead of fat. If you continually eat small amounts of food during the day instead of eating three massive meals, you get a faster moving metabolism, which is what you want.

Archived