I'm Fat.

seifukusha

• Members
and I just cant get off my ass to start exercising. I have never been into sports or exercise. I dont eat alot of calories, but it seems to creep up and add a pound or two every year. I wont say how much i way cause i dont want this to turn into comparison/insult fest. Im just desperate to get off my ass and start exercise

and its just not catching my interest.

Im really sick of this. Im 100% sure this is what I need to do.

Please, someone give me some ideas/story.

man..im really feeling it lately..

Man, I hear ya. I'm getting fat to. You know it's bad when your driving and you hit some bumps and feel a little jiggling going on even minutes after! :mad: Got to start running (or jogging I should say), only thing that takes it off for me. I was up to an hour a day last year but I got lazy and the weight came back. :cry:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eating 2 meals a day will slow your metabolism, which is already part of the weight problem.

The 5-6 meals a day is the opposite extreme and it is supposed to increase your metabolic rate.

There's nothing wrong with eating a modest breakfast like cereal or granola, eating a big lunch, having a small dinner, and exercising.

• Members
Eating 2 meals a day will slow your metabolism, which is already part of the weight problem.

The 5-6 meals a day is the opposite extreme and it is supposed to increase your metabolic rate.

There's nothing wrong with eating a modest breakfast like cereal or granola, eating a big lunch, having a small dinner, and exercising.

Yeah, that's what they say but everyone is a bit different. I know a few things you can do for sure are to try and eat at least 3 meals a day, a good breakfast, a decent lunch and a light dinner. Eat more protein, not sure the correct amount to weight ratio but the info is out there if you look. Drink a ton of water, with meals, without, just drink a ton. Sodas, even diet will bloat you, as a matter of fact try to eat whole basic foods in decent ratios and stay away from fad or filler foods. More lean meats & veggies. Don't drown with syrups or condiments (not condoms). Exercise at least 30 full minutes, good sweaty exercises like running, biking, aerobics, etc. and work up to a full hour a day at least 3 times a week up to 5 or 6 a week. It's about the best you can do, work at it gradual. This is what I'm going to do, again. :facepalm:

• Members

That's one of the dumbest things anyone has ever said on this forum.

Yes,
this
forum:facepalm:

I don't think it's the dumbest thing but I don't agree with skipping meals either. The fat storing self prevation starvation mode is a nature trigger in everyones body. You skip lunch and you may trigger it. Some store fat more efficient than others, and back in the day it was more desirable. It's a survival thing but now that we all want lean, girlish figures (that's a joke), we try to fight this natural occurance! I know it's hard, if you're like me you have to work twice as hard to get lean. My brother was ripped no matter what he ate or how he ate, and he ate everything!

Oh another thing I read to help was eating within the first 30 min of waking, to get the metabolism going. Other things to boost it are hot spicy foods, by drinking a cup of coffee, and by eating some protein after a workout. Everything little thing you do will help but it takes time so you can't give up or quit. It seems like once my body got to a certain level I could eat all kinds of stuff but I was still burning calories! A combo of weight training and cardio is best and by alternating routines and movements, you will keep the body working and guessing and keep yourself from getting bored.

• Members

diet soda bloat you?^ don't think so. it is water friend, nothing more. unless you have an allergy to the chemicals, you are drinking water.

I talked with several nutritionist and they all said it will bloat you. I have also read some studies on it, I know I feel bloated when drinking them. Maybe it's an illusion, maybe the bloating goes away but from I know and read I find this personally to be true. Again everyone is different but I trust the guys I talked to, they're extremely educated, serious and walk the walk. Also just by using sweet foods, regardless of it's chemical make-up, your mind will crave sweets. It's a cycle of over sweatening things, same with salts or other flavorings. Also remember it's not completely water, it's a chemical concoction BTW. I drink regular soda but mainly Tea, iced or hot. At least it has minerals and caffiene which I like and which help fire the metobolic furnace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A simple trick will do marvels: Record everything you eat; size, amount, EVERYTHING. You eventually realize what you're eating and know what to cut down on. Also, don't eat just because you can. That sounds extremely stupid but that's just a recipe for weight gaining. One of my family members lost a {censored}load doing those things.

Archived