why do people here hate ME so much?

RoboPimp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dont hate ME. in fact, the boss ME50 is an amazing, intuitive, good sounding reliable solid multi effect box.

i used it for like 2 years, and i sold it to a friend who was just starting on guitar. he still uses it and loves it. id love another, just for teh funzorz.

• Members

'cause the sounds suck and are useless in a live setting.

funny because my digitech ME gets compliments constantly at live shows I play.

Although people usually comment on the TB loop pedal I have it plugged into...

"What's that little green pedal, it sounds AWESOME!!"

pedalboard2.jpg

• Members

I think ADHD people have problems with Multi FX processors,and I'm one of those people. I've had a bunch of different processors and it really messed with my head that I couldn't reach down and tweak it instantly. I think ADHD people need INSTANT gratification or they get pissed. This is why pedals are more friendly to me. As for you Robo, you're one of the COOLEST on here cause you get the Fender, Mesa Mark amps like I do.

100_0133.jpg

• Members

It is a bit strange why people don't like multi-effects.

People forget that big rack-sized Eventides are basically high high-end multi-effect devices.

Stuff like the Digitech RP150 is much smaller, cheaper, likely not as high quality, but still a neat piece of kit.

• Members
I think ADHD people have problems with Multi FX processors,and I'm one of those people. I've had a bunch of different processors and it really messed with my head that I couldn't reach down and tweak it instantly. I think ADHD people need INSTANT gratification or they get pissed. This is why pedals are more friendly to me. As for you Robo, you're one of the COOLEST on here cause you get the Fender, Mesa Mark amps like I do.

100_0133.jpg

I dunno, I have been told I'm ADHD and I have always loved the multis.

other than that your post is 100% awesome :thu:

• Members

A couple yeas ago I was sick of having so many pedals and decided I wanted a be all end all ME. In the end I thought all the ME's sounded average at best and couldn't replace all my pedals. I would use a ME w/ bass though. The Boss ME-50B sounds great!

I like my ME-50B. For figuring out what effects I want it's a great little device. I wanted stomp-box style configuration, not digital menus. Just gimme the dials like on a "real" pedal and don't try to imitate other amps, I like my amp thank you very much.

Only thing I don't like about it is that as with most ME devices you lose a good deal of flexibility, like effects ordering, simultaneous effects, etc.

My only real beef with the ME-50B is that the Octave tracking sucks and is just a generated tone, not a true replica of your sound at a different octave like a Pog, but you get what you pay for in this instance.

• Members

I'll use whatever gets me the tones I'm looking for. I don't care if it's a ME unit- rack or otherwise- or dedicated analog stompboxes. I've done gigs with a rack setup, just pedals, both, whatever. :idk: I did a bunch of gigs with just a Pod XT for effects and an old 2204 and got a ton of compliments on my tone.

The closest things to multieffects I have in my rig right now are my Timefactor and Synth Wah. I suppose those count, though, especially the Timefactor. There's some cool modulation effects in there.

• Members

are there a lot of analog reverb pedals?

not too many -- arion made one for a bit, I think there were a few others

(ratshack/realistic had a PA module that wasn't really a tompbox, but you see these crop up sometimes as a lo-fi novelty for a few months)

seen a few one-off springtanks on the floor, but these were 'brews

so the selection is pretty limited if it HAS to be stompbox format

I suppose as far as nitefly's I understand when you recommend a multi that it might solve the problem but its kind of a backhanded recommendation when you know the guy wants simple analog stompboxes. comment - it depends if the guy was asking, specifically, for reverb

As far as "why do people hate me" -- dunno, don't know you well enough to hate you myself

Maybe they don't

or maybe, if you can come up with some example of those who do, we can ask or take a look at the post history and figure where things went off the rails for ya

oops - just realized ME was M.E.-> multi-FX

sorry abt that

• Members

I used to have the RP50 and then the RP200... it was nice starting out (though for the most part i didn't know how to use it)... I got the POD 2.0 and I liked the models on there a heck of a lot more. The AC30 sound was much better than the RP200's.. I didn't see how the models on the RPs sounded anything like the originals.. :poke:

That said, I think they could sound pretty good if you take the time to set it up... a kid in my church's youth group has the one from the OP but it doesn't have the expression pedal. He doesn't tweak the sound at all.. he goes through the presets and finds something that works.. the presets don't sound all that great IMO...

Archived