Post your "Pedalboard Evolution" thread.

Stubacca

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxshdxmmy

View Post

See -- this is what most people don't understand about me -- I have absolutely NO PROBLEM selling pedals I really love.... Crunch Box included. Generally speaking, I'm not on a quest to find "the tone of tones" ... I just really enjoy trying new pedals. And like I've said many times, there's no place within 60 miles that has anything but Digitech, so I buy and sell a lot of stuff just to try it out. Have I found some I really love? You betcha. Have I played some I didn't like at all? Sure. But even the ones I've had, loved, and sold... I mean, how hard would those be to get back? I've had very few "rare" pedals, so anything I'd want back is only a trade or two away. People like to assume that I've got a {censored}load of money to blow, or that I'm in all of this to make a buck or two... truth is, those things and all the hyperbole that swirls with my name attached to it couldn't be further from the truth. I just really love trying/playing new stuff. That's it.

I am in the same boat as you Nick. I love trying out new stuff too but I usually keep my stuff now. In the past I would sell it but then I kept wanting the pedals I sold back as soon as they left my hands. So now I just stock pile the stuff so I can go back to it when I want. I too barely spend any of the money I earn... just use gig money!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

here's my evolution... prior to this, i'm not even sure what i had on the board, but i know that peavey delay, bf2, a ds1, and the footswitch to whatever {censored}ty amp i was using at the time

Signal chain what?

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

kinda figuring it out

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

1 step back... a {censored}in mess

DSCN0652.jpg

216239496709.jpg

Photo3.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

BOTB

DSCN1286.jpg

• Members

since BOTB:

Minimalist week:

DSCN1364.jpg

Waiting for {censored} to come in for 4 weeks:

DSCN1616.jpg

everything in its right place:

DSCN1685.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

i'm kinda not in love with the HyperPak right now, i'm have a line on a BB Preamp or i might get an OCD or fulldrive2 or both... but thats the only changes i see happening anytime soon. i think i'm set on modulation and delay and 66% of my dirt!

and yeah.. i know i'll claim i'm done, but i'm not. but i swear i'm not gonna go the RDM route!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by stephen_b

View Post

DSCN1714.jpg

i'm kinda not in love with the HyperPak right now, i'm have a line on a BB Preamp or i might get an OCD or fulldrive2 or both... but thats the only changes i see happening anytime soon. i think i'm set on modulation and delay and 66% of my dirt!

and yeah.. i know i'll claim i'm done, but i'm not. but i swear i'm not gonna go the RDM route!

Great set up!

Keep the evolution pics coming people!!

• Members

I started with an American Metal.

Added a Crybaby.

Bought a nicer amp, and switched to a Tube Mania for OD.

Bought a bigger amp, and switched to an SGX2000 w/X15 + Crybaby.

Switched to an RP1 plus Crybaby.

Switched to SGX2000 plus Multiverb Alpha plus AD202.

Switched out AD202 for an IPS33b.

Switched out SGX2000 for an XPR.

Went back to pedals with a surf n' turf, Classic Metal, DS1, CE2, DD3.

Switched out Classic Metal for an MT2.

Bought a new amp, switched out MT2 for a Classic Fuzz.

Switched out surf n' turf for a CS3 (modded).

Switched out DS1 for a YJM.

Picked up a Small Stone.

Switched out YJM for a Trotsky.

Switched out Classic fuzz for a Pignose Detonator.

Ditched CE2, and DD3 for AD202 in the loop.

Added Korg AX1g, switched Crybaby for a Wonder Wah, then Classic Wah.

Picked up Ringer Dinger.

Added Biyang chorus to loop.

Added us600 to replace whammy, I forgot to mention.

Added wireless....

After years on this forum, I still don't bother taking board pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cleverbastid

View Post

Holy crap Crxsh.

I daresay you're a poster child for how hcfx makes people want moarrr.

Quote Originally Posted by tatoi

View Post

um, Crxsh, you need a crunch box me thinks.

I was actually thinking that the other day. icon_lol.gif

If I get another dirtbox though, it'll probably be another Box of Rock. It's far more usable for what I play than the Crunch Box would be ... and it's still that Marshall-y tone that I like. Plus, I hear that ASAT + Crunchbox = blowjobs. idn_smilie.gif

I dunno. We'll see.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxshdxmmy

View Post

I was actually thinking that the other day. icon_lol.gif

If I get another dirtbox though, it'll probably be another Box of Rock. It's far more usable for what I play than the Crunch Box would be ... and it's still that Marshall-y tone that I like. Plus, I hear that ASAT + Crunchbox = blowjobs. idn_smilie.gif

I dunno. We'll see.

asat + Crunchbox > blowjobs if asat + Crunchbox = marriage.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rabott13

View Post

I like your board best this way, with the VP off the board, The VP takes up too much space and i prefer to see the RRR/ RV-3 on there

Just my opinionsmile.gif

Yeah... I dig it too. I'm having to rely more on my guitar for volume now, which is new since I've never really done that, but I too would rather have the RRR on there than a volume. I can put it on the side if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by rossowj

View Post

that RRR is so hot

crash your boards have been fantastic since you decided to go small

Thank you, sir!!

• Members

There's actually alot more photos of my board....I just don't know where they are. cry.gif I had an all Barber board for a while. I had a Trifecta and a Timmy...and too many others I can't remember. Anyway...here's what's survived.

pedalboard.jpg

rig01.jpg

rig02.jpg

rig03.jpg

rig04.jpg

rig05.jpg

rig06.jpg

rig07.jpg

Archived