Post your "Pedalboard Evolution" thread.

Stubacca

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

Well, sort of - I have two. The one in the first three pics is an older model without the Tim value gain pot - its a little bit more grainy sounding. I got a sweet deal on a second newer version and I like it a little more so that one got the spot on my main board.

The original went to my mini jam board:

TimmyAR20DLboard.jpg

The Timmy is my bread and butter - I built my whole friggin' board around that thing.

It is such a great pedal. The EQ is awesome and it just sounds great. My rig is evolving around it as well!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtehcure

View Post

thumb.gif

I change my board about once a week and bounce between big & small so just a quick overview-

board.jpg

small_board_9-7-07.jpg

jamboard_1-12-08.jpg

board1-23-08.jpg

4-08-board.jpg

board27-14.jpg

and the latest (already outdated)

board-10-29-08.jpg

Wow! Awesome board! Is that a glitch computer aswell as the pitch pirate? whats the purple one with all the knobs? How do you like your death by audio?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Milkman

View Post

jbrazz, why no Muff? That dissappeared quick!

it was my first pedal actually, and i had it for the longest.

but i got rid of it before i dumped the fender 85 and bought the ac30

ive been wanting one since.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrazz

View Post

it was my first pedal actually, and i had it for the longest.

but i got rid of it before i dumped the fender 85 and bought the ac30

ive been wanting one since.

Mine just got kicked off by the Swollen Pickle. It was a mainstay since I got away from multieffects. The Pickle is just smaller and more versatile though.

• Members

i began with one of these:

a long while ago.

ROC9715_1.jpg

then got this - but i was actually after a flanger but i didn't know what it was.

63701544_6c68c42a84.jpg

then:

CGB95-Cry-Baby-Original-Wah.jpg

then:

boss-od2-070315.jpg

then i gave up playing.

then i got:

zoom-gfx-8.jpeg

which i sold after about 6 months.

then i stopped playing again.

then i got:

morleywah.jpg

and some other stuff to get this:

c33c873a.jpg

and built a board to put it on.

then i got a flight case:

SNV80983.jpg

and now:

7938b815.jpg

as i am getting some different stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by T Stre

View Post

It was such a shock when Crxsh got rid of his Crunch Box....

See -- this is what most people don't understand about me -- I have absolutely NO PROBLEM selling pedals I really love.... Crunch Box included. Generally speaking, I'm not on a quest to find "the tone of tones" ... I just really enjoy trying new pedals. And like I've said many times, there's no place within 60 miles that has anything but Digitech, so I buy and sell a lot of stuff just to try it out. Have I found some I really love? You betcha. Have I played some I didn't like at all? Sure. But even the ones I've had, loved, and sold... I mean, how hard would those be to get back? I've had very few "rare" pedals, so anything I'd want back is only a trade or two away. People like to assume that I've got a {censored}load of money to blow, or that I'm in all of this to make a buck or two... truth is, those things and all the hyperbole that swirls with my name attached to it couldn't be further from the truth. I just really love trying/playing new stuff. That's it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxshdxmmy

View Post

See -- this is what most people don't understand about me -- I have absolutely NO PROBLEM selling pedals I really love.... Crunch Box included. Generally speaking, I'm not on a quest to find "the tone of tones" ... I just really enjoy trying new pedals. And like I've said many times, there's no place within 60 miles that has anything but Digitech, so I buy and sell a lot of stuff just to try it out. Have I found some I really love? You betcha. Have I played some I didn't like at all? Sure. But even the ones I've had, loved, and sold... I mean, how hard would those be to get back? I've had very few "rare" pedals, so anything I'd want back is only a trade or two away. People like to assume that I've got a {censored}load of money to blow, or that I'm in all of this to make a buck or two... truth is, those things and all the hyperbole that swirls with my name attached to it couldn't be further from the truth. I just really love trying/playing new stuff. That's it.

Thats pretty cool, i was similar for a while, but really just buying and selling because i could, just trying out whatever i could get my hands on, but now that i have an idea of what i want out of a board i'm beginning to slow down the buying on a whim pedals. plus the pedals that i have now are ones that i use constantly and love what get out of them. I've finally started to find the pedals that i love and am beginning to keep them and finalize my board.

Keep doing what your doing going through pedals is more of a hobby. and it's an incredibly fun one at thatthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rabott13

View Post

Thats pretty cool, i was similar for a while, but really just buying and selling because i could, just trying out whatever i could get my hands on, but now that i have an idea of what i want out of a board i'm beginning to slow down the buying on a whim pedals. plus the pedals that i have now are ones that i use constantly and love what get out of them. I've finally started to find the pedals that i love and am beginning to keep them and finalize my board.

Keep doing what your doing going through pedals is more of a hobby. and it's an incredibly fun one at thatthumb.gif

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this mindset. I mean, there are a half billion pedals out there, you know? So why not try a bunch? Just because you find one you like doesn't mean you have to keep it -- especially when you can get it again if you want. I like trying new stuff. Some people like to stick with what they know. Either way is fine.... but I like what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naterel

View Post

Crash whyd you ditch the TU-2? Me No Understand Trubeypass?

I switched out of curiosity more than anything really. idn_smilie.gif When I got it the Pitchblack was still sleek and new and I just liked the look better..... I mean, I could say that I noticed some tone loss with the TU-2 and don't with the Pitchblack, but either way, the difference is negligible if there's any at all. Generally speaking, I couldn't care less about the TB or not TB. In fact, it really bugs me when people bash cool pedals just because of the bypass.... I mean sure, there are some notorious tone suckers, and I don't have a problem with that, but just to rule out a pedal just because it isn't TB seems silly to me. That said, I realize that most of my board is in fact TB -- but that's just because I like the pedals. Whether or not a pedal is TB has little to do with why I use it or why I don't.

Archived