Post your "Pedalboard Evolution" thread.

Stubacca

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First i had a small board. it consisted of a ds-1 and a hendrix wah. i added a dod flashback fuzz. i dont have a pic of that.

with some graduation money, i bought a digitech whammy, tu-2, and ge-7. i jacked my little brother's fab pedals, and this is what happened. (note-i just bought a russian muff before this pic.)
P7240028.jpg
rig here: jh-1, tu-2., ds-1, big muff, chorus, flanger, whammy, ge-7 (never use the metal pedal.

then i backed off and wanted to downsize. i grabbed a piece of ply from a dumpster outside home depot, and downsized. still didn't have a sweet delay.
P6140009.jpg
rig as it appears there is tu-2, jh-1 wah, ds-1, russian bmp, ge-7, and fab echo.

i downsized a little bit again (my big muff broke), and then built a new board out of an ikea shelf.
P8250052.jpg

since then, i've added a vintage fx overdrive, an mxr carbon copy, and a borrowed 70's d+. i don't have any pics of that yet.

what's next? probably an overhaul of the things i don't like, and some effects i'm missing. tell me what i should get. i'll probably listen.

what i'm looking for as of now:
sho
diamond vibrato
mini deja vibe
choralflange
budwah
semaphore
pds 1002
subdecay quazar
keeley compressor
xo deluxe memory man
hyper pak
teaser stallion
big muff (probably a tone wicker)

• Members

In the beginning...there was Boss...

ds-1, tr-2, ph-3, dd-6, tu-2, dunlop wah

me2.jpg

and a little more Boss...

addition of ernie ball jr, dd-20, and rc-20xl

100_1661.jpg

Adding some different elements...

100_1840.jpg

Adding some boutique...(Most gig'd solo rig)

100_1918.jpg

Solo board 5/07

100_1941.jpg

Solo/Band/D&B project board (And winner of Best Big Boards - 2007)

boards100607.jpg

Band board Fall '07

IMG_1159.jpg

Band setup Winter '07 - Summer '08 (the year away from the boards)

IMG_3148.jpg

...But instead loaded everything 10/08

IMG_5873.jpg

aaaaand replaced the fuzz factory with spicy chicken

tonefactorcarpettoned.jpg

This picture is even outdated right now.

ADDITION OF:

Fromel Lush
Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
Skreddy Ernie
Hermida Mosferatu

REMOVED:

Maxon CS-9pro
Cusack Screamer
Skreddy Mayo

• Members

2/10/08 First board pic (prior board changes undocumented, sadly).

02102008Julesboard.jpg

6/26/08 Hello PT Pro

062608Julesboard2.jpg

8/03/08 Too much fuzz. My wife begins to complain that every time she looks at my board it's different. :lol:

080308Julesboard1.jpg

10/11/08 Hello PT2. After my anemia gets worse and right before the Cancer surgery. I need a lighter board. I'm a puny wimpy girly man with no muscle.

l_1e9733f8d0c348f884286d03f1e1a50c.jpg

11/15/08 The above board is really cool, all the pedals are keepers, but I need more flexibility. Thus the final board, dispite all the above evidence, I vow to keep it like this for at least 6 or 7 months (however long it takes me to complete chemo), whereupon I shall probably go back to my PT Pro.

l_e27e881ad2c84fbdab611668f63620d6.jpg

God, that's almost embarassing. :facepalm:

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven View Post
rabott, why the switch from the ATA board to the Pedaltrain?

If you could get another ATA, would you?
Well i kind of bought it just because i had no idea what i actually wanted so i just got the biggest board i could find, because using that huge plank of wood wasen't gonna work, now i have the exact idea i want, and for 1:the size of the PTpro is perfect and its just a little easier to carry around.

Altough with the Board in the case, the PT and HC is almost the exact same size, but the old board i had only had one handle on the side, which made it an incredible pain to move it around.

So I guess for guitar i would say no, just because at least compared to the old ATA case, the PT is just what i need and is way easier to get around and feels a sturdier being that the lid is connected to the main poart of the case. all though at least for when ever i start playing alittle more bass, i'm hoping to buy one of those smaller Heavy duty cases from Rondo, i don't know the model but it's obvious which one is the heavy duty one

• Members

This was taken around the beginning of tenth grade. (im a senior now)

Picture006.jpg' alt='>'>

Picture011.jpg' alt='>'>

pedalboard008.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

This is from a few days after christmas last year. Right around when i joined this forum
DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1426.jpg

Summer 08
DSCF1450.jpg' alt='>'>

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_2681.jpg

Battle Of The Boards Entry
DSC_2689.jpg

I need to get a picture of my board as it is now. Its one board now.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
aaaaand replaced the fuzz factory with spicy chicken

tonefactorcarpettoned.jpg
Love this picture!! The FF with Spicy Chicken... a million dollar seller right there! Great pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snail_killer View Post
board4.jpg
Quicksand... such a great band!

• Members

can't find most of my old pics.. but here's what i've got in chronological order

'03
playingattheparty.jpg

ended up adding a wah (dunlop) to that and eventually a chorus (arion).

then i got a korg ax1500g that i put after my other pedals.

digitalcamera003ip19.jpg

stuck with that until the zoom g9.2tt came out at which point i started to have a multi-fx centric board.. the single pedals changed constantly but the zoom stayed for a year or so.
DigitalCamera028-1.jpg

DigitalCamera048-1.jpg

Finally got rid of the zoom at the beginning of '07 and went to (mostly) singles again.

Image014.jpg

The single pedals remained in constant rotation as always, but a were gaining a permanent spot.. (mainly the LBM, Fuzz Factory, Fish n' Chips, and Echo Park)

Digital1199.jpg

....until i got a board that i was pretty much completely happy with (big muff for main fuzz, fuzz factory for leads, eq, echo park with a micro pog getting its input from an output of the echo park and feeding it back into the other input for octave up reverse delays, and a verbzilla)

.... then i almost completely quit playing electric

acoustic.jpg

and now that i'm starting to play electric again, i get to pretty much start from scratch with tons of gas from all the new stuff that's out mad.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ben Co. View Post
Awesome as usual. Your progression should be entitled: "Erksin or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Ditch the Wah".
Ha - thanks!

Actually, I'd really like a Colorsound Wah eventually. But yeah, I didn't use it enough to warrant the space.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by T Stre View Post
Look at that timmy...enduring the test of time!!!
Well, sort of - I have two. The one in the first three pics is an older model without the Tim value gain pot - its a little bit more grainy sounding. I got a sweet deal on a second newer version and I like it a little more so that one got the spot on my main board.

The original went to my mini jam board:

TimmyAR20DLboard.jpg

The Timmy is my bread and butter - I built my whole friggin' board around that thing.

Archived