OT-Miley Cyrus disses Radiohead

Kid_A

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Horse {censored}. When a fan buys a record, they buy the record. They don't buy the right to demand the band come and meet them and then get pissy if the band say no.

I'd love to see your band playing live. I'd pay my ticket, I'd buy your T-shirts, buy your albums for sale out the back of the van door and then I'd make all manner of demands on you and your band, all in the name of 'customer service'. I'd bring all my friends and family and demand you sign several things. You'd be there for hours, mofo', all in the name of customer service and I'm pretty sure you need customers more than Radiohead do.

totally agree..

• Members

^ This. I actually called Radiohead's customer service call center and complained about Jonny bending his strings out of tune on Electioneering. They promptly sent me a new copy with a new version in which the offending parts were omitted. 5/5 on customer service.

Brilliant.

• Members
I didn't even know he had a daughter, I thought he was gay.
:confused:

He also has a son, apparently...
metro-station-trace-cyrus-metro-station-

Yes, that is Disney jumping on the emo pop bandwagon.

It's called customer service. Radiohead feel they are above meeting the people that buy their products. That's the height of snobbery to me.

Bull{censored}.

No band is obliged to meet anyone.

• Members

I don't know if you are in a band, but really... 90% percent of the time you are just sitting around waiting. Thom thinks his time is better spent sitting in a corner and rocking back and forth like a demented monkey than meeting the people that like his music.

If he really hates the public so much why the {censored} to they keep making records? They have enough money to make music in their studios by themselves and never release another song.

• Members

So you're saying that he
is
obliged to meet people because he has money?

He is obliged to meet people when he's making public appearances because he puts out records and performs in front of people.

He doesn't have to put out records and perform anymore, but he chooses to do so.

He can say "I don't want to meet people anymore" and not make appearances in his capacity of a musician if he want's to remain anonymous. Lots of people quit the music business for that reason.

Because he is the mighty THOM YORKE he thinks he can have it both ways.

But then that little twat has always been a snob.

• Members

He is obliged to meet people when he's making public appearances because he puts out records and performs in front of people.

He doesn't have to put out records and perform anymore, but he chooses to do so.

He can say "I don't want to meet people anymore" and not make appearances in his capacity of a musician if he want's to remain anonymous. Lots of people quit the music business for that reason.

Because he is the mighty THOM YORKE he thinks he can have it both ways.

But then that little twat has always been a snob.

HOLY {censored} - did Thom Yorke lethargically pump your ass one night and was too depressed/sullen to give a reach around?

Have you talked to Radiohead fans? They're annoying as {censored} - I'd avoid them too.

• Members

What people are failing to take into account, is this is his JOB. And the job requirement is doing interviews, making public appearances, TALKING to fans.

I'd love to see him in retail as a cashier.

Thom: "GET AWAY FROM ME"

Customer "I just want to buy this Pepsi"

Thom: (rocking back and fourth and covering his ears) "Nnnooooo..."

Customer: "Can I just give you some money for this?"

Thom: "GO AWAY, SLUG! I am the MIGHTY THOM"

etc etc etc

• Members

What people are failing to take into account, is this is his JOB. And the job requirement is doing interviews, making public appearances, TALKING to fans.

etc etc etc

Uh, a band makes music and that's it. It may put out a product and it may play shows.

It's not obligated to do anything.

You need to grow up.

• Members

etc etc etc

Customer service is not his job. Making records and playing shows is.

You seriously think everybody that's ever bought a Radiohead album should be able to demand to hang out with them?:facepalm:

• Members

etc etc etc

wat

they're a {censored}ing rock (or whatever) band, they are not required to do anything but play music. A band doesn't need to be nice to their fans, although it might help their popularity.

I don't have any idea how many albums Radiohead have sold, but I'm sure it's a lot. Do you think Radiohead just be available for a chat and a cup of coffee with anyone who's bought one of those albums? Or just Miley Cyrus because she's famous (in the US)?

A band isn't obliged to talk to fans.

Fans need to get this into their head/s that a band doesn't owe them {censored}.

This is really a two sided coin. On one hand, it's the fans who buy your records and make you rich / famous. In that sense, the band owes something to the fans. At least some acknowledgment / appreciation. A wise band tries hard to be good to their fans; signing autographs, saying hello and thanks, etc. It's all part of good PR.

OTOH, some fans are not very understanding of the realities of the road and the demands on a band's time while on the road. Some are inconsiderate of a band's personal time and privacy. True, you kind of give up the idea of "privacy" when you get into a field where you're trying to become rich and famous, but some "fans" take that way beyond what is reasonable, and that's why some people / bands tend to withdraw.

• Members

etc etc etc

No, his job is to make music and albums.

Archived