I think I'm becoming an alcoholic

matterday

• Members

I honestly can't walk into my kitchen without grabbing a beer or two and drinking it before starting my day. My Brita has not seen much use lately. My trunk usually has more alcohol than my friends' fridges. If I'm out of beer then I down a shot or two before I walk to class. I think I may have a problem because I just sold a pedal to buy more beer. I tried praying to Jesus but all I got was his voicemail. What do you guys think? Cold turkey for a while? But the annual beer pong tournament is this Friday :cry:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it's a serious problem, get serious help.

Drinking in moderation is great, but it sounds like you're setting yourself up for liver and other health problems. My grandfather killed himself driving drunk, and my aunt has drunk herself stupid (she literally has brain damage from it).

HCFX isn't able to solve this problem.

• Members

I've never understood people who drink beer in excess. It's too heavy and doesn't get you drunk quick enough.

I don't think you're an alcoholic, maybe just a glutton.

All the beer I work off due to the stupid 5 mandatory rugby practices I have to endure a week so I'm pretty healthy. I'm also a light weight. 3 beers and I start to feel it.

• Members

I drank to excess while in college, but I was able to do it when it wouldn't impact work or school. If drinking starts to impact these areas or puts you at legal risk (such as DUI), then you need to exam if you have problem. Just my two cents, FWIW.

• Members

I'm the same way.....I don't drink before work or anything, but when I get home I have a few beers or a mixed drink.....every single day. Never ever drive though.......not worth it. Drink at home, it's cheaper and safer.

For a while I quit.....two weeks anyway, just to see if I could. It wasn't all that bad or hard.....so I started drinking again.

• Members

I find that after four or five beers it just starts to taste of dirty water and I don't want it any more.

You must drink {censored}ty beer. I can have fifteen and not get sick of it (although sometimes I do get kind of full and have to take a digestion break).

• Members

My advice: stay in shape for the beer pong tourney, and get way too wasted, then take a break for a while. Youll feel so bad from being so drunk/ hungover, you wont want to drink anymore anyway (I can relate this from recent experience).

• Members

I could never manage drinking during the day, unless it were some kind of holiday. But I usually have a drink (usually two :o) when I get home, at night.

Hopefully that's not too much? I don't really get into any trouble (unless it's the sexy kind [only sometimes {i swear}]).

• Members

This is my first week of weekday sobriety in the last two years. I'm on this new kick of only drinking on the weekend (Fridays and Saturdays), not a drop elsewhere. It is working so far..I guess :confused:

I don't know if I am/was an alcoholic or not. I never drank in the mornings/lunch time hours. It was always after class/work. I would drink to a pretty good intoxication, but never to blacking out/puking/killing people. I never suffered in school (hot toddies wrote my senior thesis in college, and my prof. said it was the best in years) or work, never late or bitchy or hungover at work or of the sort. It did make me fat again, though, which I hope this will kick off before summertime :cry:

• Members

If you are sitting there thinking you've got problems at your age, you simply need to silence your conscience with more booze. Your liver can handle it. Maybe slow down when you finish school, but now is the time for sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Seriously.
:thu:

Thanks. I have 2 more beers in the fridge. I might just finish them after your words of encouragement.

Archived