BBE Two Timer at Daddy's Junky Music, cheap

myTakamine

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the catch? How can they afford to be selling these so cheap?

Agreed. Even though I took a chance and bought one, these pedals seem to be right at or even below dealer cost for a new unit - at last years pricing.

My guess is that they snagged a master carton somehow, or maybe one of the rep firms they deal with was running a special promo or something.

The two-timer doesn't appear to be discontinued - all the major sites are still advertising them, some for $150 at this point.

• Members

I've never used Daddy's before. Always kinda iffy when buying from unknown places...Experiences?

Been buying from them since they used to mail a monthly list of all thier gear...on paper! Never a problem. They are great to deal with.

• Members

I actually work at the Portsmouth store. Some of the stuff is a pretty good find.

Just as a forewarning, don't buy anything from Orange. They're notorious for shipping broken items, or something with missing pieces (or flat out not sending it at all, or the wrong thing entirely). Sorry to bash on the guys there, but there have been some major issues lately.

• Members

Daddy's is small local chain in NE/NY area. Bigger than a Mom and Pop, but smaller than GC.

They used to specialize in used euipment, but easy Internet selling (Craigslist, Ebay, etc) has eaten into their core business.

They are reliable and legit. I try to avoid GC, so Daddy's is a good resource for me.

Archived