ZVEX why the high prices?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't like the price of the pedal? Don't buy it. How dare you question his prices.

I have never owned a zvex pedal and I don't intend to. Matter of fact, I'm not even sure I like the guy all that much from what I know of him on these forums. But I will defend his right to charge as much $$$ as he wants for his work. I'm sure he'll sleep just fine tonight whether or not you buy his {censored}.

I can't stand when people do this {censored}. You see it on Craigslist all the time. "To the guy asking x amount of dollars for that (blank)..."

You can't afford it. Get over it.

I can't afford it either. I'm over it.

• Members
Grrr!

Ok, you're right, that was a bit over the top. ;)

But seriously- ok, I want a $100,000.00 BMW so maybe if I whine about it long enough they'll lower the price to $5,000.00? Doubt it.

Here's an idea- learn how to build pedals. Then you can build whatever you want and you'll only pay the price of the parts. Who knows, maybe one day you'll be selling pedals and some kid will cry about your prices... :facepalm:

• Members

The parts/cost ratio comes up a lot in regards to his pedals, but I think everyone misses a few things: time put into making the pedals, transit costs to move the pedals to retailers, the dealer markups so that retailers can pay their employees wages.

Even with all that, they're all horrendously priced, and the Woolly Mammoth in particular is one of the most expensive new fuzz pedals you can buy here in the UK (

• Members

inb4 20+ pages

seriously, pretty much all music gear is overpriced in terms of cost to build vs consumer cost, nothing more than pedals

the Zvex stuff sounds good, but i am not going to pay 300+ for a distortion box when i can just cut the gain on my amp up

• Members

he makes every pedaal BY HAND with boutique materials

Have you ever seen the internals of a Woolly Mammoth? 6 x $0.02 resistors, 6 x $0.05 capacitors and 2 x $0.10 transistors. Components aren't the deciding factor in making the pedal expensive.

Archived