OT: Pic from a Tea Party

rdm

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that our nation gives people the right to do stupid things like throw tea parties. It's stupid because it has no relevance in today's world, we don't buy our tea from the british anymore and certainly not from obama.

if they really want to protest about the job market and the economy, they could try dumping the throusands of electronics we get from China each day, that would actually be relevant and show some balls. Instead they goto the grocery store and buy lipton tea packets.

• Members

Yeah, that wasn't within a totally different context.

Those who were calling protesting unpatriotic didn't say anything about the context of the protests. They said arguing with the president was descent, you were a traitor, etc.

• Members

In case you didn't know, due to the Earths warming you can actually brew tea by throwing tea bags into the water. :thu:

I think what they are doing is a great idea and people need to "Wake the {censored} up!" and take back our country from both parties because in case you didn't notice they are only concerned with how much money they can get into their own bank account.

• Members

Those who were calling protesting unpatriotic didn't say anything about the context of the protests. They said arguing with the president was descent, you were a traitor, etc.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing people like that on the news back then. Blind patriotism, it was.

Now, I think people are just freaked the hell out. I can't say that I blame them.

• Members

I think what they are doing is a great idea and people need to "Wake the {censored} up!" and take back our country from both parties because in case you didn't notice they are only concerned with how much money they can get into their own bank account.

Apparently you don't understand how democracy works . . . they did wake up and they cast their votes . . . if people can't understand how their government works perhaps they should take a civics class or really any class on anything other than sports or american idol would probably help them make rational decisions during and after elections . . .

• Members

I remember back when protesting was "unpatriotic". Like all through the Bush administration.

Totally agree with this. It's amazing how people will change their actions just to do "what is good for the party" and not "what is good for the country".

• Members

Totally agree with this. It's amazing how people will change their actions just to do "what is good for the party" and not "what is good for the country".

It's because gerrymandering and human instinct to group like with like has sorted the country to such a degree that a majority of government reps only have to appear to please the base in order to get re-elected which doesn't make for a well functioning government . . . as was said . . . sheeple

Archived