I watched Twilight tonight

matterday

• Members

:cry:

It was to get some (failed) {censored} though so it wasn't my idea.

As for the movie...crap. I gave it a chance, I really did. I was hoping it'd be a Harry Potter thing but 2/3 of the movie was a boring love fest followed by one very short climatic fight and the ending was just awful. Worse than the Lord of the Rings 10 endings and gay orgy.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my wife is an middle school english teacher, and all her female students are in to these books... and my wife got in to reading them as well... she says they are good stories, but horribly written, and characters are a little to one dimensional as the series progresses.

Anyway, she wanted to go see it the night it came out. We went and saw it. The acting is horrible. The dialog is even worse. Main character is never developed... at least not in terms of the "love story"

It reminded me of a bad episode of party of five with some vampires added in for no apparent reason.

I knew i would hate this movie, but I found my self laughing out loud at the movie theater during the "intimate scenes" and getting stares of death from 13 year old girls, which only made me laugh harder.

• Members

The reason I didn't get any {censored} was because I said the film was terrible and proceeded to state why it was bad which in turn fueled an argument I did not want to be apart of :cry:

Is it just me but did everyone seem really depressed and monotone? A young Christopher Walken and Audrey Hepburn would have made this movie significantly better and more endurable.

• Members

If the books are anything remotely like the film in levels of lame-ness, then I can only imagine how terrible they are.

You are correct, Brian. The characters, as far as the film went, were terribly acted, uni-dimensional and boring.

It was, in essence, boring.

Oh, boring with not so subtle, mormon abstinence propaganda thrown in every scene. :facepalm:

• Members

It's written from the perspective of an angsty pre-teen girl's wildest vampire fantasy.

Yeah, i got that impression.

The main character seemed to have no flaws whatsoever. Everyone, including the completely untouchable, "ohmigawdsohawt" vampire guy, inexplicably loved her.

wtf?

• Members
Yeah, i got that impression.

The main character seemed to have no flaws whatsoever. Everyone, including the completely untouchable, "ohmigawdsohawt" vampire guy, inexplicably loved her.

wtf?

Yeah...like I said, a fictitious preteen girl's fantasy....

My sister is a part of this Twilight cult :facepalm:

• Members

The girlfriend took me to see this at the midnight opening in the theatre.

We watched the Blackhawks game at a bar beforehand and I got hopelessly drunk. I ended up blowing chow in the theatre and passing out.

I did manage to wake up and catch one part of the movie where they were playing softball or some {censored}. Vampire softball... what the {censored}.

edit: my girlfriend is 24, I swear.

• Members
The reason I didn't get any {censored} was because I said the film was terrible and proceeded to state why it was bad which in turn fueled an argument I did not want to be apart of
:cry:

Is it just me but did everyone seem really depressed and monotone? A young Christopher Walken and Audrey Hepburn would have made this movie significantly better and more endurable.

You fool! If you're going to do something like go to a movie with the hopes that you will somehow get sex out of it you at least have to follow through with keeping the night in a good mood. Follow through is crucial.

Now be honest - was Robert Pattison brooding as {censored}?

• Members

I refuse to watch it. {censored}ing sick of hearing about it.

Kristen Stewart is very hot though. But I shall not waver.

I got dragged to see that movie Adventureland.

All I took from that movie was, yeah... she's attractive.

• Members

You fool! If you're going to do something like go to a movie with the hopes that you will somehow get sex out of it you at least have to follow through with keeping the night in a good mood. Follow through is crucial.

Agreed

And yes.

• Members

Here's how the conversation went:

*movie just ended - credits rolling*

Me - "What the {censored} did I just watch?"

Her - "What do you mean what did you just watch? That was the greatest movie ever!"

Me - "I meant..."

Her - "Honestly, this is much better than that Star Wars bull{censored} you watch!"

Me - "Whoa let's not get hasty, I just meant the acting was terr-"

Her - "Blah blah blah"

Me - "Well-"

Her - "Blah blah blah"

Me - "I need to do homework."

Not gonna lie, I don't see why everyone wants that Edward dude's dick after that movie. He just seemed like any other goth kid I've ever encountered.

• Members

My Girl wanted to see this movie so bad so i watched it with her and it is one of the most stupid vampire movies ever! I cant believe she watched it a second time with her sister and read all the books... Its like vampire harry potter to me... Check out 30 Days of night for some gruesome vampires (yeah josh heartnet sucks but the movie is top notch...)

• Members

I saw Twilight a few days ago, my wife made me watch it. I also gave it a chance, but it was just crap. I can sort of understand why girls love the vampire guy, but it shouldn't make you blind to all the fail that this movie has.

Archived