I watched Twilight tonight

matterday

• Members

Never seen the movie, never will see the movie. Then again, that's what I said about the Notebook, but I ended up getting some {censored} for watching that one, so I guess I have my price. I will not see Twilight, UNLESS I'll be getting some. I think that sounds about right.

+3.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I picked it up on Blu-Ray because I have teenage daughters who wanted to see it. Honestly I didn't mind the story so much, although it wasn't really written all that well, either. What bothered me most was the way it was shot, skin tones were all dull because they wanted that effect to enhance the vampire image, I guess, but it also drained the life out of the color in the rest of the film. I think they would have been better off to just digitally filter the characters that needed it instead.

• Members

This thread has made me laugh hard. My wife is a big Twilight fan. First she read the books, then we got the movie, which I watched with her. I did find it sort of lame. Very lame perhaps. She also saw it in a theater the first time, and seemed disappointed, but now we have the DVD, and I'm not sure how many times she's watched it, but I think it'll be on again tonight. She has a definite thing for that Robert dude. I'm probably getting laid tonight, so it's all good. Now she has me reading the book, and 4/5 of it has been so incredibly boring/lame. Apparently the 3rd and 4th book are better. I don't think I can read them all, we'll see. Neither of us are the target demographic, but I think this series definitely appeals to women moreso than guys.

Lost Boys is my idea of a good vampire movie. Cheesy sure, but fun as hell.

Guest Guest

My wife made me go OPENING NIGHT. With her and her other 30-something friends.

I would have said no way,but she played the GRINDHOUSE card.

Yes, I made her go to Grindhouse with me. She was horrified by it, and said I had to go to a chick flick someday after that, no ifs, ands or buts or complaints. I agreed.

I did get drunk beforehand, and it helped. The movie wasn't the worst part. It was the theater full of TEENAGE GIRLS.

I thought the movie was marginally better than "Queen of the Damned" which might be the worst movie ever made.

• Members

I saw Twilight in theaters. How did noone enjoy watching this movie? I laughed through the entire thing. Everything was super cereal and the acting was so bad. I didn't pay anything to see it since I snuck in after another movie, but I would gladly pay again to watch it. Its going on my netflix list for sure.

anyone who has seen it will def get lulz out of this:

EDIT: was beat to the link

I laughed a lot when I saw it too.

• Members

perhaps I am just naive to the epic redonkulous awesome that is Twilight, but how are vampires with none of the traits of vampires still vampires?

walking around in daylight? (sparkly wtf?)

also, they already made this movie about 3 years ago...watch The Covenant, substitute vampire for wizard (or whatever the hell they were) and you have Twilight, except better (still not good, but better)

pointy teeth and they can live forever if they consume blood

however they can get away with drinking animal blood, but human's blood is like the Cuban cigar of blood.

it's totally lame, but I guess that still qualifies them as vampires. The original Dracula could go out in the daytime (Nosferatu started the daylight thing) and some vampires can shapeshift into animals besides bats (like wolves.) The lore varies a lot from vampire to vampire story.

• Members

I saw it with my girlfriend and it was extremely cheesy. The main girl has been in too many horror movies I think. Everything the protagonist vampire says makes her gasp and stare wide-eyed.

That said, there was some pay off with 15 Step being played in the last scene. That and Supermassive Blackhole during the (wtf?) baseball scene.I at least got to dance in my chair and hold back whispering into my girlfriend's ear how terrible the dialogue was.

She wants to watch it again with me so I can make fun it :facepalm:. I usually enjoy ripping on movies (Science Theatre 3000 anyone?), but I think I'll pass.

• Members
Not trying to be an ass, but...

To state that you watched twilight to try and have sex, and then didn't even get it...
:facepalm:

eh it worked for me so, kudos to matterday for trying
but you are never supposed to argue with a girl, specially when it comes to music/books/movies, thats just suicide

Archived