N... well... Axe-FX D!!!

Tengo

• Members

It came in the post today :)

edit: this is the Ultra

2838_582130381124_223306200_5658503_3821

First things first, I cannot say enough towards how impressed I have been with the service. Immediate emails back to my questions, fantastic shipping and order tracker. Then, I open up the box this morning, which has a letter written specifically to me, letting me know the updates they have made. If that wasn't enough, to the side of the Axe-FX is a box of celebrations! I love this company!

I plugged it in to my AER Alpha, as I am still waiting for the power amp for my wedge monitor and starting running through the presets. They're incredible. Really amazing. There are the occasional delay + filter + pitch shift + modulation extravaganzas, which show off the unbelievable tracking capabilities and crystal clear sound. They are interspersed between what is, for the majority, replications of classic sounds. I actually started giggling at the Whole Lotta Love imitation- it is identical. In fact, all the sounds are as close to the identity they are trying to achieve as is possible- and this is running out of a 1x8 speaker.

At this point it's probably worth mentioning the power amp sim. Phenomenal. Just amazing. It really feels like I'm playing an amp.

After spending around 2 hours running through some 380 presets, I start chopping up one of the few 'silly' presets, in order to create a nice, thick clean. The only difficulty with editing patches is that there is simply so much choice- around 50 parameters for an amp, for example. Whilst going through the presets, the amp sims that I thought sung particularly well were the trainwrecker sim, bassman sim, brown and blackfaces and Matchless Chieftain sim. For the moment, I have a bassman and a matchless running through some cabs, into the same Delay and Reveb and it just sounds amazing. It probably took me 15 minutes to create a really nice patch from scratch.

So that is about as far as I am up to so far with it. I was quietly confident I'd be keeping hold of my Vibrolux, for some all tube action on the side and I was certain that it couldn't hold it's own with my DMM. Both are looking to be heading the way of the SPAM thread very soon.

:)

• Members

Amazing............. i would love to be able to own one, and I could get one, but that much dosh being dropped on a processor seems too much in my head. I bet it does sound the nuts though

In theory, could you use this with just a power amp and speaker cab? Say a tube power amp?

• Members

Amazing............. i would love to be able to own one, and I could get one, but that much dosh being dropped on a processor seems too much in my head. I bet it does sound the nuts though

In theory, could you use this with just a power amp and speaker cab? Say a tube power amp?

That's what I'm doing.

I know that it seems a lot of money. But if you think of it as every amp, every effect at a stunning quality, everything for

Archived