Pedals that disappoint...

Raelm

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want to say the Holy Stain yet, because I keep thinking that there's an application in it I just haven't stumbled upon yet. I'm not ready to give up on it.

That makes me laugh because I was about to post the same thing. I really want it to be good, but I'm starting to think it never will be for me.

It's not that it's bad, it's just not good enough at anything.

• Members
wolf.jpg
Couldn't even get a store to take a trade in.

You fail on two counts:

1. Not finding the Wolf Computer the box of awesome that it is.

2. Trying to take a pedal that has sold less than 100 units to a store to trade in.
I mean, seriously....

But hey :)

• Members

That makes me laugh because I was about to post the same thing. I really want it to be good, but I'm starting to think it never will be for me.

It's not that it's bad, it's just not good enough at anything.

It's like the red-headed step child.

• Members
You fail on two counts:

2. Trying to take a pedal that has sold less than 100 units to a store to trade in.

I mean, seriously....

But hey
:)

Awesome box, check.

Zero trade-in value, check.

Usable? sometimes.

Too easy to accidentally RUIN your settings with a sloppy foot, check.

Too big? (look at the pcb)

Good for some stuff, but mine is set up like a clean boost right now. . .I just can't bond with it the way I want to.

but the clicking is fun. :)

• Members

not when you dont have a laptop and the others dont like ambience :poke:

You can still play ambient without getting super spacey about it. And it doesn't matter if you have a laptop or not. I was in a metal band with 4 other dudes that didn't like ambient, I didn't even play guitar for the band, and I didn't have a laptop. I showed one of the guitarists (Brian) a few melodies I had written on guitar. One day at rehearsal, he started playing it, and soon after.. Everyone was following him and trying to write parts that would correspond with it. Anything is possible.

• Members
You fail on two counts:

I mean, seriously....

But hey
:)

The wolf computer is the reason that I now only play clean and go to James Taylor concerts. :lol:

• Members

Bobby D, I play some ambient stuff and how I do it is I use the SMMH on one of its Echo modes, set up so that my notes repeat five times but start getting diffuse on the second repeat and are basically just reverb on the fourth and fifth repeats. Then I run that into my Marshall Reflector pedal set for its Reverse Reverb setting, all knobs maxed out. Since the Marshall Reflector, in mono mode, keeps an analog dry path, the reverse reverb effect (though prominent) never overtakes my real signal.

Used in that way with the neck pickup and taking advantage of the tap tempo on the SMMH to vary things up a bit plus using the guitar's volume knob for swells, stutter and tremolo effects, the electric guitar becomes a really fine instrument for making melodic ambient music.

No crazy pitch shifting or anything like that going on (you've heard how I do that with Guitar Rig 3, though) :)

It's kind of funny that there's a HCFX counter-cultural backlash against the PS-3. People care a lot about what other folks are using, apparently.

• Members

I'm probably the only person in this forum who wasn't real impressed by the Screw Driver. It's good/okay/usable ... but it didn't blow me away like some of his other stuff. It's sounds good enough I guess, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by it.

For that matter, add the Top Fuel to my list. Decent pedal, but I was a little disappointed.

You didn't play it through an EL84 based amp.... there's the problem

• Members
Which pedals have you been really excited about, waited for, got and then just not been able to get on with?

this perfectly describes my experience with this:

D-SHOEGAZER-2T.jpg

I've got other devi pedals I love. And I tried to love this one. Oh, how I tried. But it just didn't work well for anything I play (and all I play is shoegaze). Weird.

• Members
this perfectly describes my experience with this:

D-SHOEGAZER-2T.jpg

I've got other devi pedals I love. And I tried to love this one. Oh, how I tried. But it just didn't work well for anything I play (and all I play is shoegaze). Weird.

I didn't like it too much either. I tried it for a few days.

Archived