Pedals that disappoint...

Raelm

• Members

Which pedals have you been really excited about, waited for, got and then just not been able to get on with?

I just can't fall in love with my Keeley Ad-9. I've really tried, but I'm about to stick it on ebay:cry:

...and before anyone says...this isn't an ad to sell it. Honest.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm, these spring to mind:

Lovepedal 200lbs of Tone

Skreddy Screwdriver

Behringer SM200 (Slow Gear clone)

Boss HR-2

EHX Holy Stain

MXR Doubleshot Distortion

really the skreddy?

i always thought the 200lbs was well... meh... but i heard so much great stuff about the skreddy

• Members

Honest?

Completely. It's going on ebay and that's that.

End of.

...I just wanted to start a thread that could be interesting. As well as finding out which pedals don't do it for people, it'd be good to hear why not too.

• Members

Hmmm, these spring to mind:

Lovepedal 200lbs of Tone

Skreddy Screwdriver

Behringer SM200 (Slow Gear clone)

Boss HR-2

EHX Holy Stain

MXR Doubleshot Distortion

+1 on the 200lbs, Holy Stain, and Doubleshot. I had them all for about a week, and sold them soon after.

• Members

I'm probably the only person in this forum who wasn't real impressed by the Screw Driver. It's good/okay/usable ... but it didn't blow me away like some of his other stuff. It's sounds good enough I guess, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by it.

For that matter, add the Top Fuel to my list. Decent pedal, but I was a little disappointed.

• Members

Seriously... It sounds good and quirky... But I (eek) don't play noisy post-rock/shoegaze/lo-fi/math-rock or anything that would even remotely need a PS-3, I play in a straight up Indie Dance-Rock band, if its on my board it needs to not be a one-trick pony

• Members

i see. if i didnt have a gear to buy list.... then id love to try 2 at once...but... i have a feeling itll just be fun for like 1 hour and then thats it

Not even man. You can find a lot of use out of having 2. Listen to Cave In. There's a lot of dual PS-3 action. Personally, i've come up with a lot of different melodies while using 2.

• Members

Seriously... It sounds good and quirky... But I (eek) don't play noisy post-rock/shoegaze/lo-fi/math-rock or anything that would even remotely need a PS-3, I play in a straight up Indie Dance-Rock band, if its on my board it needs to not be a one-trick pony

1. Neither do I.

2. It is much more than a one-trick pony.

3. I love it.

Archived