Um.... you might want to get an Earthquaker Tone Reaper real quick.

• Members

Jaime's new Tone Reaper fuzz hit my mailbox today and it is unbelievably awesome. Tons of gain. A very versatile tone control and more volume than you could realistically need on tap. The fuzz is real thick and aggressive too. It has the punch and bite of a big muff but without the aggressive mid scoop or top end fizz. You can pretty much just riff endlessly on it and smile the whole time. Lead and rhythm tones are great and you can get some really nice treble booster fuzz tones if you have a darker amp.

Workmanship is very obviously top notch. As with all Earthquaker stuff you have good components and flawless execution. The price is as good as you can expect for a handmade germanium fuzz too. In fact, I dont think you can get a better germanium fuzz anywhere for even two or three times as much as this pedal costs.

P1010290.jpg

P1010291.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the artwork on those pedals is incredible. the sound of the two ive owned was less than incredible. massive volume drop on the hummingbird and the crimson drive was
:bor:

:)

I had a hummingbird and it did have a volume drop but I emailed Jaime and he recommended swapping out a resistor for a different value and that solved the problem perfectly. Haven't tried a crimson drive. The sounds from the Earthquaker pedals are a little off the beaten path from most other pedals. They might be a little fuzzier for the ODs or clearer for the fuzzes like the hoof but they have their own unique character that I like.

• Members

I just got my White Light in yesterday and I'm loving it. It stacks well with my TS9 and does a number before my Disaster Fuzz. EQD is good stuff. I'll never hesitate to recommend Jamie and his products to anyone.

Hijack: Do all EQD tone-type knobs go from bright on the left to dark on the right?

• Members

whats wrong with the bypass?

The first fuzz I built had a terrible oscillation bleedthrough when bypassed, so I grounded the input when off, and that fixed it. So I do the grounded input switching for all gain pedals.. never had the problem again. I just think it's better to be safe then sorry :idk:

I don't have anything against earthquaker devices, I also don't care how they wire their bypass. I don't mean to bash their stuff.

EDIT: also, where are the clips? :)

• Members

You shouldn't have to switch any of the parts to make up for a products issues like a volume drop. Shouldn't that be the builders job? If it's ok with you I'll stick with my Zoom Ultra Fuzz.

Builders can't account for every possible use and some tweaks can help depending on your rig. It was the only time I had an issue with one of his pedals and it was a two minute fix.

• Members

Builders can't account for every possible use and some tweaks can help depending on your rig. It was the only time I had an issue with one of his pedals and it was a two minute fix.

Sure a two minute fix for you, a pedal builder who no doubt has all the {censored} nessicary for the tweak just kickin around the spot. For me, an electronics retard not so much.

Not bashin EQD.

• Members

I really want to get on the waiting list, but without clips my rational side is telling me it's a bad idea.

I have to agree. I'm pretty sure I'd like to order it, but it would be silly not to listen to it first.

• Members

You shouldn't have to switch any of the parts to make up for a products issues like a volume drop. Shouldn't that be the builders job? If it's ok with you I'll stick with my Zoom Ultra Fuzz.

I gave him the option to send it in, he said he could do it himself so I sent him a diagram of what to do. No big deal. The latest Hummingbird accounts for the volume drop or boost by adding a level control. I know your not bashing, just figured I'd chime in....

PS- Dave: Happy it's working out for you, I would love to see a clip from you as well :wave: [hint]

I haven't had time yet to make clips of the limited run pedals...

Archived