The Next Guitar, Amp & Effect You Think You'll Buy

• Members

What's the next guitar, amp and effect you realistically see yourself buying? And how much does each cost?

I'm NOT talking about $5,000 limited edition Les Pauls. I'm interested in gear that you have a good chance of owning a year from now.

Guitar: Fender Mustang '65 Reissue - $900

Amp: Roland Micro Cube Bass RX (battery operated 2.5 x 2.5 watt bass modeling amp) - $225

Pedal: GGG Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face clone w/ germanium transistors - $70

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guitar: I don't know if i'll get a new one in the next year, i want a 335 or 339. I'm definitely gonna get a fret level and pickups for my sheraton.

Amp: 59 Bassman or Deluxe Reverb (possibly in the next week)

Pedal: Wah Probe

• Members

Guitar: White MIM Fender Strat

Amp: none

Pedal: Fix'd Fuzz

Pedal:
GGG Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face clone w/ germanium transistors - $70

You know you could save yourself $5 and some assembly time by buying the pedal that is a clone of in my sig ;)

• Members

Guitar : EBMM John Petrucci 6 (working on saving for it atm)

Amp : None unless Fractal Audio releases another Axe FX (hoping they don't though as there's still plenty of room for expansion)

Effect : I don't really buy effects, might nab something cool in a trade though

• Members

Well, since I have to move to OH (annoying) for my job, and I'm trying to get a raise out of it...I might be coming into some xtra cash soon so, here goes:

guitar - Fender MIM tele, or some other DECENT tele for around 500-600 bux

amps - wouldn't mind checking out a Blackstar HT-5 or that Vox Nightrain

Effects - if I can free up some cash soon, I'll be getting an OD/Boost (please see my other thread about this), hopefully getting an MXR carbon copy next week and want a phase 90 too.

Of course as it stands now, I have zero dollars for any of this stuff right now, but if I can sell a bunch of brand new video games I have for sale (or trade...wink wink) I might be able to score some of this gear sooner than later.

• Members

Guitar - Pretty set on a natural burst SG. They're out of production, and there's a perfect one at a local shop here that has the binding and inlays aged looking, and the burst looks incredible. Do want.

016b64f583d4f96ce63c679e18af4979.jpg

Amp - Meh, not wanting much amp-wise. Could probably use a practice amp or something, but it's the last thing on my list.

Effect - Blue faced DMM! Once I find one of these, it will be mine.

2671873210_f3de720e5e.jpg

• Members

Well, I'm in the process of building two guitars ( a jag and a mosrite)at the moment. And I will most likely start on a P-bass sometime soon, as well. I guess the new Danelectro Hornet '67 Baritone is the most likely new "guitar" I would be getting. I'm kinda waiting to see how they play before taking the plunge.

Ampwise, I would love to get a Fender Showman or Bandmaster head and cab but it will be a while. I'm pretty happy with my current amp situation.

The Boss FRV-1 '63 Reverb is most likely the next pedal I will purchase. Either that or a used Maxon Ph-350 Rotary Phaser.

Tim

• Members

Guitar - Pretty set on a natural burst SG. They're out of production, and there's a perfect one at a local shop here that has the binding and inlays aged looking, and the burst looks incredible. Do want.

016b64f583d4f96ce63c679e18af4979.jpg

Amp - Meh, not wanting much amp-wise. Could probably use a practice amp or something, but it's the last thing on my list.

Effect - Blue faced DMM! Once I find one of these, it will be mine.

2671873210_f3de720e5e.jpg

i think i swaw two of them in the emporium a few night ago...prolly still tere

• Members

guitar: Hamer SATF or Agile AD-3000

amp: probably a cheaper 4 ohm tube head, frenzel, vox...

effect: probably a noise reducer, gate orrrrr trading buuuttttt getting a pedal train before that

Archived