King of pop dead... who takes over now?

b_nehpets

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one can take over. MJ is the only one King of Pop..

The Beatles were the kings of pop. MJ was king only in his own mind.

In his later years MJ made most of his money off the Beatles music, not his own.

• Members

WHo gives a {censored}!
:thu:

anyone that disregards pop music is a fool.

not only can some forms of pop be legitimate good music, but the effect pop music has on culture is something nobody can deny. michael jackson sold THE BEST SELLING RECORD OF ALL TIME. thriller went 5 times DIAMOND. that's 50 million records. and that's not counting the jackson 5, bad, or dangerous. thriller produced 7 #1 singles. you can't tell me that's not important.

Most pop music is {censored} nowadays, but music like this tends to have a grasp on the world as a whole, so not being aware is much worse than not listening.

• Members

anyone that disregards pop music is a fool.

not only can some forms of pop be legitimate good music, but the effect pop music has on culture is something nobody can deny. michael jackson sold THE BEST SELLING RECORD OF ALL TIME. thriller went 5 times DIAMOND. that's 50 million records. and that's not counting the jackson 5, bad, or dangerous. thriller produced 7 #1 singles. you can't tell me that's not important.

Most pop music is {censored} nowadays, but music like this tends to have a grasp on the world as a whole, so not being aware is much worse than not listening.

I just don't think its relevant to put labels on things like who's "the king" of this that and the other.

Archived