What guitars are you guys playing?

ShuGAZER

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have quite a few, but my main go to axe is a Fender HSS strat. Something about it, I sat in the store for the longest time. But that connection that those pros talk about with their favorite guitars, everything just felt right with it. It's strange.

Being a mexi strat, I've always meant to upgrade it a bit, but I wenever I find something to change, I always convince myself its not detrimental and its fine as is.

• Members

Here is the family...

IMG_4067760x1013.jpg

Its kind of funny, I never had any intention of having 3 woodgrain electrics, hah. One I actually bought (the JM) the other 2 sorta found me.

The one on the left is a '92 Godron Smith G-90, my lightning fast shredder style guitar, caught an epic deal on it... not the prettiest girl at the dance but the pickups are killer, w/ coil tapping push-pull pots & all that... super versatile and lightweight, sounds really good except the body wood is pretty light and doesn't give me quite as much sustain as I'd like... still, the PUPs make up for it, especially the BKP Warpig in the bridge.

The one in the middle has really become my pride and joy though. from a small luthier named Doug, and his guitars go by the moniker SoulMate... and amazingly enough the name has really come to fit the bill. Korina body wood, maple neck w/ pau ferro fingerboard, and 2 BareKnucklePickups Mississippi Queen HB-sized P-90s in it. Its just got tone for days... I never thought a guitar would become my #1 over the jazzmaster but once I put those BKPs in it it just changed everything. When I got it it had some {censored}ty metal style duncans in it that really didn't fit the guitar at all, that is some serious tonewood and it needed something to really bring that out... the BKPs just make it sing like Aretha.

Still love the Jazzmaster of course, w/ the Lollar pups especially. And for those of you who still hate the black onyx pickguard i've actually got a new plain black one i'm gonna swap it out for the next time i change strings :lol:

the acoustic is a Baby Taylor... I *really* need a new full sized acoustic but this thing sounds amazingly good for the size. Doesn't have the boom of a dreadnought or anything but its got a really beautiful and sparkly top end that makes it wonderful for softer arpeggios and such. can't beat a USA-made Taylor!! :love:

• Members

Its kind of funny, I never had any intention of having 3 woodgrain electrics, hah. One I actually bought (the JM) the other 2 sorta found me.

heh... me too... i seem to always have blue axes. before these 2, i had a LP studio lite that was tranparent blue, and an asat that was lake placid!

• Members
heh... me too... i seem to always have blue axes. before these 2, i had a LP studio lite that was tranparent blue, and an asat that was lake placid!

i used to have a gorgeous gibson es-137 classic in a really beautiful blue... I miss that guitar a lot actually but it weighed a freaking ton and just wasn't really my style. Thats actually the one I traded to get the SoulMate.

I know I'll have another blue guitar at some point though, I know there is a strat in my future so hopefully I can find a transparent or LPB sometime down the road!

Wildwood Guitars has some amazing transparent blue strats right now but it'll be a while before i can justify another guitar purchase... and even then it had damn well better be a nice acoustic :cop:

• Members

Silvertone 1448

IM001088.jpg

Gibson SG Special

Photo2.jpg

Homemade Thinline Tele clone (dubbed the Bastard Caster)

Photo1-1.jpg

Old Airline T&C

IM001032.jpg

Dano Convertible

Photo1-2.jpg

Silvertone Gretsch Clone

Photo2-3.jpg

1940 Playtime Archtop Acoustic

Photo5.jpg

Gretsch Lap steel

IM001081.jpg

I have a Guild D25 acoustic that I'm refinishing, and a Dean Heirloom biscuit cone resonator, too.

• Members

I play a PRS Custom 24 20th Anniversary as my main guitar, then I have an '83 Gibson Challenger with a MODboard delay, killswitch and coil tap. The last two back-ups are a 72' Thinline Tele Re-issue and a garage sale Strat. There are some other ones too, but those are the main ones.

n20924487_36908075_7534.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

Archived