Official "Magic: The Gathering" Thread

echodeluxe

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What do you want/need and what do you have for gear?
;)

Not looking for anything specific card-wise... just looking to pick up enough random cards to build a few different types of decks... with enough rares and uncommons to have some fun.

Gear? Check the sig... although I probably have more since the band just broke up...

• Members
It is nerdy as hell and I'd never play in a tournament (although the gf has shown interest). We just play casually. She has a Lorwyn elemental deck I can't stand.

No, I mean the older style. Like this:

grinning_totem.jpg

as opposed to this:

Myr_Quadropod.jpg

the {censored} is that {censored}?

i dont know any cards that look like that.

• Members

Not looking for anything specific card-wise... just looking to pick up enough random cards to build a few different types of decks... with enough rares and uncommons to have some fun.

Gear? Check the sig... although I probably have more since the band just broke up...

I've got a bunch of deck-worthy extras I'm not using...I'd love to try that PH-1r. I'll PM you with details.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

t {censored} goin on here ya'll casting couches with out perrmission??

The highest and purest of matter, which nourishes and constitutes divine existence, is what the poets term nectar, the beverage of the illumined. The lower, more disturbed and grosser portion, is what intoxicates inwards. The ancients symbolized it as the river Lethe, dark stream of oblivion...

• Members
Didn't they get rid of mana burn in some recent set?

Haven't played in awhile. None of my friends are into it any more and MTGO is $$$
:(

:idk:

I never understood why you would want to tap before you even know what youre gonna do anyway

yeah I havent played in years

• Members

I never understood why you would want to tap before you even know what youre gonna do anyway

Natty, I tap it cause I've been bestowed with the most wonderful of all addictions, Sexual Healing..., and there is nothing better that seeing a lil lover when the wet,turn audible/and the audible goes all over,$over$over...

• Members

That's not always the way it happens. Some cards make mana add twice the mana when tapped. Sometimes you can't spend it all by the end of the phase and end up getting burned.

Mirari's Wake for example:

http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Mirari%27s%20Wake

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was addicted to Magic when it first came out. I started playing in 1992! God I'm getting old...I still have some Ice Age cards and some other random cards. I wish I still had my old collection. At one point I had a complete set of Arabian Nights, Legends, Antiquities, alot of the rare Unlimited cards. Never had a black lotus though. My old roomate had 3 of them!!

• Members

Come to FL, we could have a couple quick games.

I'm rusty as {censored}.

I have no idea. I just asked my brother, he's gonna dig out his old cars and he's gonna teach me how. I was a bit young when magic got big and I never learned how.

• Members

That's not always the way it happens. Some cards make mana add twice the mana when tapped. Sometimes you can't spend it all by the end of the phase and end up getting burned.

Mirari's Wake for example:

This.

As per the rules, you can't intentionally burn yourself by tapping mana for no reason. You can only tap mana you actually use.

Now if you use something that increases your mana pool and don't use it all, you can get burned. It should rarely happen. Very rarely.

Archived