Official "Magic: The Gathering" Thread

echodeluxe

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

grrr.

i dont wanna pay ten bucks to play online! {censored}.

it's a one time fee.

trust me, if you have no pals to play with IRL there is nothing better.

+

if you collect an entire set online you can redeem it for an IRL set.

• Members

it's a one time fee.

trust me, if you have no pals to play with IRL there is nothing better.

+

if you collect an entire set online you can redeem it for an IRL set.

wow really?

ugh. i may have to do it then.

just cant afford it now. i know thats sad...

• Members
wow really?

ugh. i may have to do it then.

just cant afford it now. i know thats sad...

get a job freeloader :mad:

:poke:

:cop:

: D

actually you CAN play for free at this moment, but you have to use the preconstructed 10th edition theme decks

• Members

grrr.

i dont wanna pay ten bucks to play online! {censored}.

It gets terribly expensive. You have to buy digital packs at full retail price as well as "tickets" in order to enter tournaments and events.

There is also now a MTG game on the Xbox Live arcade that looks pretty good. If you have a 360 that is...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/magicthegatheringdobxbla/

• Members

It gets terribly expensive. You have to buy digital packs at full retail price as well as "tickets" in order to enter tournaments and events.

There is also now a MTG game on the Xbox Live arcade that looks pretty good. If you have a 360 that is...

ugh.

my friend has the xbox360 game. its cool but SO SLOW.

• Members

If you played in towson you probably played at the store (forgot the name) run by a dude named skip whos family owned a distributor.

Dumpy joint right next to what is now the recher theater.

Yeah man, Legends! I used to go there and to Game Keeper and get a booster or two every weekend. On an unrelated note, Celebrated Summer Records in the back of their new location rules.

• Members

Whoa. M:TG is still around? I started playing around Arabian Nights, and stopped after the Urza block. Between my friend and I, we had eight pro tour qualifiers, but never went because we didn't have the cash to travel. We were in high school. Before Type 2 got real popular, I ran Big Blue denial or Black Vise land destruction.

• Members

whats everyones fave creature?

i think mine is the wild nacatl. cuz i like cats.

There are a lot of creatures that I love, but there are a few that have won me tons of games:

Morphling. SO versatile. That with denial will shut down quite a few decks.

Those cheap Knights (Ebon Blade), that are only BB to cast and have first strike. Great utility in control decks.

Deranged Hermit. {censored}in' army of squirrels have saved my ass so many times.

Psychatog. I used to run stasis decks a lot.

Ball Lightning, Goblin Grenade (plus any goblin). Holy {censored}, back when Sligh was a common deck, that {censored} was insane. I never had as many consistent 3-4 turn kills with any deck, other than Cadaverous Bloom, as with that deck.

• Members

I usd to play in high school.

Started when revised was out, stopped at 4th edition.

Had a friend that got me into online about a year or 2 ago, It's fun but hardly ever play, because I dont like keeping up on their new fandangled cards and rules and such.

Get off my lawn.

Similar story.

I got in right when Legends was released.

I think the last cards I purchased were either Alliances or Weatherlight, not sure.. but really there were only two or three Alliances that worked for me.

Probably NOTHING from my old decks are still legal. Berzerks, Forks, Dual Lands, Wheels of Fortune, etc..

It was fun though. I had an absolutely wicked Blue/Black that was a 95% assured kill within 4 turns, and a 5 turn kill Green/Red.

I never really got into the "Mother May I" style decks or played Necro.

Archived