Official "Magic: The Gathering" Thread

echodeluxe

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

argh. im glad theres lots of interest in this thread, but you are all talking about really old cards and decks!

whats everyone doing with more modern sets? conflux? shards of alara? m10?

im a magic semi-noob so i dont know about alot of the older stuff.

New {censored} is for ULTRA NEWBS.

I'm still waiting for someone to release a competent MTG "videogame" (i.e. just a game that accurately represents how the actual card game is played...where you don't have to spend a hundred hours unlocking cards. Unlocking cards you already own FTMFL),

• Members

I'm buying a booster box online for 80 shipped so hopefully I get some of those new expensive dual-lands or a few Silences or maybe even a few Plainswalkers.

I have this zombie deck that has Fleshbag Marauder and Gravepact in it, so when Fleshbag comes out everyone else automatically buries two creatures. It's fun to see my friend ditch a Progentitus. :thu:

• Members

I'm buying a booster box online for 80 shipped so hopefully I get some of those new expensive dual-lands or a few Silences or maybe even a few Plainswalkers.

where did you buy? i found it online for $80, but $10 to ship, so if you found it for $80 shipped, i'm hoping you don't mind sharing your source!

• Members

argh. im glad theres lots of interest in this thread, but you are all talking about really old cards and decks!

whats everyone doing with more modern sets? conflux? shards of alara? m10?

im a magic semi-noob so i dont know about alot of the older stuff.

Well, Thornling (Morphling Redux?) from Conflux is an absolute bomb for one.

PS - If anyone has dual land or anything from Unlimited, drop me a PM. I would like to try completing my sets of each.

• Members

New {censored} is for ULTRA NEWBS.

I'm still waiting for someone to release a competent MTG "videogame" (i.e. just a game that accurately represents how the actual card game is played...where you don't have to spend a hundred hours unlocking cards. Unlocking cards you already own FTMFL),

you mean the one they just released on xbox360?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=15842171

• Members

Forced Fruition + Megrim + Underworld Dreams is how I roll unless I'm doing big green beatdown. A few Mind Funerals so people hate me and a few Wall of Denials for more fun. I'm constructing an uber-oldschool thallid deck now...newer stuff like Mycoloth will spruce it up a lot.

I stumbled back into Magic after about 10 years. The 'new' style looks {censored}ing retarded to me. I wish they'd go back to the Urza's Saga/Odyssey look and layout. And M2010 is the worst.

• Members

I stumbled back into Magic after about 10 years. The 'new' style looks {censored}ing retarded to me. I wish they'd go back to the Urza's Saga/Odyssey look and layout. And M2010 is the worst.

no way, the old look is dated and reminds me of the 80's. i dont like the 80's.

the new artwork is bad as hell.

• Members

no way, the old look is dated and reminds me of the 80's. i dont like the 80's.

the new artwork is bad as hell.

new art = fine.

the borders make it look generic and stupid. they've successfully made magic look like yugioh, star trek and various other bland TCGs when it had a look all its own.

• Members

yeah the new borders suck. i miss blurry old lofi looking alpha/beta/unlimited printings.

i used to have a book back in middle school about magic strategies and history about how richard garflied made the game and the playtesting. they made playtest cards out of regular decks of cards with the spells glued on. with hilarious graphics of ross perot and such

• Members

Wow, i still remember the days... I played from Exodus to Nemesis block. I don't keep up because it's been a long time since I last played and there's that much rules to learn and relearn. I still have my decks and my favorite is my land d. I love playing second turn land d. I got bored with playing that deck because most of my friends got annnoyed by it. So I just created a white weenie with Cataclysm/Enchanted Armor.

I wish I could go back, but every time I pass by the cardshop near my house it's just full of nerds (no offense to anyone) and I just don't fit in anymore. There's so many things out there for me to do than play cards. Those days are over for me. But maybe if I meet someone who can play casually, I would love to do it.

• Members

It is nerdy as hell and I'd never play in a tournament (although the gf has shown interest). We just play casually. She has a Lorwyn elemental deck I can't stand.

you mean the black borders?

No, I mean the older style. Like this:

grinning_totem.jpg

as opposed to this:

myr_servitor.jpg

the {censored} is that {censored}?

• Members
It is nerdy as hell and I'd never play in a tournament (although the gf has shown interest). We just play casually. She has a Lorwyn elemental deck I can't stand.

No, I mean the older style. Like this:

grinning_totem.jpg

as opposed to this:

Myr_Quadropod.jpg

the {censored} is that {censored}?

AGREE.

Archived